filtor1

Initial cuts have been made, a question about the angles...

So here are the first cuts. I finally had a few minutes in between studying for tests to make some progress. This is a varient if the center port 2-12" box that I had modified to better fit my trunk.

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

I am by no means a wood worker, so don't pick on me too much. :P

I need some assistance with the angles though. I have never done angled ports before, nor have I done a center port. Can anyone from Fisher Customs help me with setting things up? I would greatly appreciate it. :)

If you need me to copy the email so you know the demensions, just let me know.

Chris

I have never done angles, so any advice would be great. PS, I failed geometry. :D But I am a fast learner.

Just set your table saw to rip a 45 degree angle. And for example if the total length of the 45 will need to be 5", you set the saw to 4.25 with the fence. then rip the piece through, and rotate it 180 and pass it through once more.

if that is what you are asking.

Edited by JBLCAMRY

if not, just shoot me an email, and I'll help you to the best of my ability.

dylan@fishercustoms.com

Ok, I see that the design only incorperates 45deg angles. For some reason I was making it more complicated than it was. I was looking at the portion of the center port toward the rear of the box. I assumed they were odd angles due to the 3 pieces that were used. After looking closer and with your explaination, I think I got it. :)

I appreciate your help. :)

More pics to come as I make more progress. I am going to try and finish those cuts tonight if possible.

Ok, I see that the design only incorperates 45deg angles. For some reason I was making it more complicated than it was. I was looking at the portion of the center port toward the rear of the box. I assumed they were odd angles due to the 3 pieces that were used. After looking closer and with your explaination, I think I got it. :)

More pics to come as I make more progress. I am going to try and finish those cuts tonight if possible.

Yep, just be sure to hit me up if you have any questions.

:wacky:

Edited by JBLCAMRY

Yep, just be sure to hit me up if you have any questions.

:wacky:

Will do. I found out when I went to cut 2 of the final pieces that I was off by 1/8" so I will be cutting those again tomorrow. Here is what I got accomplished today. :)

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

More tomorrow after my test is over. :)

Edited by Chris

Lucky sob with a table saw! lol I cut my pieces with a straight edge and circ. saw... good thing it's just one box or i'd buy a table saw. Ha Ha. Can't wait to see your finished product.

Lucky sob with a table saw! lol I cut my pieces with a straight edge and circ. saw... good thing it's just one box or i'd buy a table saw. Ha Ha. Can't wait to see your finished product.

LOL! I bought the saw for this project. I figured I would use it again when building cabinets and shelving for the house. :P I can't wait either. I finished my paper just a few minutes ago and now for the test tomorrow. Then I will have 11 days to work on the car. :D I am getting excited.

I wish I could change the title of the thread now. Oh well. Here is what I did today. I still have the piece on the back wall to install before the top. I also need to source a flush mount router bit capable of cutting the port out. Hope you like it. :)

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

no bracing?

I suppose not. I bought the design from Fisher and they didn't suggest anything additional. I would assume that the center port would act as a huge brace in the middle of the box. That in addition to the double baffle. I definitely don't know enough to make that call.

Hmm 4 cubes at 35 Hz? My box has caught on :D

Hmm 4 cubes at 35 Hz? My box has caught on :D

Yup. This is slightly modified to 40" in width and tuned to 32. :)

looking good so far.

Thank you good sir. :) More pics to come tomorrow. Time for rest.

I made some more progress. I sourced a flush mount bit but am unsure if I can make it work considering the issue. I will practice on another piece and see if I can make it work. It is actually together now, all holes are filled and sanded. The pic below is about half way through the process.

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00458.jpg