modas88

Help me design a box for 12" Rl-P for HT

Hi everyone

finally ordered my sub... see this thread http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=2502

my amp is a 350Watt Rythmik audio plate amp

the sub will be used for both HT and music 50/50. I wld like a ported box tuned low.

BTW, 4" ports are quite hard to come by in my country....is there likely to be chuffing if i use an ordinary piece of PVC piping

regards

man, i know nothing h/t to help with ur box. i would wager something in the 2-2.5ft^3 range would work, tuned to 28hz or so..

also, if using regular pvc for ur port, for the part inside the box, round over the end completely...on the part facing the outside of the box, round over the inside edge...that will help eliminate noise...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :Slaeyr:

I'd probably tune lower for HT, maybe around 20-25 hz. 28 works well for the car, but you want to be able to hit the really low notes in a lot of movie scenes. But i don't know what's best for the woofer so it'd be best to let mike chime in on this one.

yeah, i understand...fs is 24hz for the dual2..so tune there...

that sound about right?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Indeed, a 2 - 2.5 cu ft net enclosure tuned to 22-24 Hz, with 35 sq in of port area would work well for the RL-p12 on home theater duty.

Indeed, a 2 - 2.5 cu ft net enclosure tuned to 22-24 Hz, with 35 sq in of port area would work well for the RL-p12 on home theater duty.

how would a rl-p tuned that low in a car sound?

good luck on the HT setup...

nice choice on the drivers :+1:

> how would a rl-p tuned that low in a car sound?

Unecessary ;)

With the effects of cabin gain, you really don't need to tune that low to get great low frequency extension in the car.

For that matter, I've always been quite happy with sealed enclosures for my car woofer experiences

.. but hey some people just like more output :slayer:

Besides, most music doesn't have material that low anyway :)

25Hz maybe, but probably not much below 20...movie soundtracks, recorded with seperate LFE reels, do.

Hi I managed to get a pair of ports that look something like this

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tNumber=260-401

the ports are about 3.75 inches wide at the back end, the flared end is abt 4 inches wide, the port is abt 6 inches long.

I guess I'll have to insert a piece of PVC piping between the two ports to get the desired length?

I'll post back later with the exact dimensions of the ports once i have a chance to measure them

regards