if you are not using one of them or have not downloaded them by now, you should!!!!

amangle kept telling me to do it, and I finally did,

Opera

get it at>> http://www.opera.com

Opera is very user friendly for me, and easy to use and it imported all my IE bookmarks and so on, this being the choice when you desire features and security

Firefox

link>> www.mozilla.com

it runs really fast and loads pages must quicker, (pretty much at the speed of Sarari, which is indigenous to Mac OSX) this being the choice for a straight up browser when you desire speed and security

both Firefox and Opera and much better at pop-up blocking and better at protecting against viruses, I did some reading and the problem with IE is Microsofts ActiveX (which makes many different programs compatable across the board, like copying and pasting something from Excel to Word and them putting it up online) so I highly reccomend you guys switch to either Firefox or Opera

if you don't want to listen to me, ask amangle (our resident computer guru)

:woot:

Usin firefox right now

Its www.mozilla.com

reading this through FireFox right now

i used to have uber pop up problems, got FireFox and they are no more

reading this through FireFox right now

i used to have uber pop up problems, got FireFox and they are no more

:gift:

I just wanted to say, if you haven't tried firefox yet, try it. It is worth it. I used to run Adaware and Spybot S&D about 2x a month and it would find loads of stuff to fix. I ran it after switching to firefox, and waited for a while. I figured that I would run it today although I wasn't having any problems, and I found out why I wasn't having any problems. Both tests said my computer was clean. I was amazed to say the least when I saw that. I was used to seeing 300 errors.

I have the gmail notifier, the switch proxy, foxy tunes, adsense banner and bandwidth tester plug ins ;)

has anyone tried both opera and firefox? i'd like to know if it'd be worth it to try opera since im loving firefox rite now.

I just downloaded Firefox a few minutes and installed it.

Going from IE to Firefox makes a world of difference already.

Any plugins I should get?

just get plugins for programs you'd usually encounter

-acrobat

-wmp

-quicktime

-flash

etc etc

Regarding extensions ... tried to get the FoxyTunes one ... said it would 'install' after I re-started Firefox. I closed the browser, and opened a new one. Nothing happened. Did the same thing for the weather extension, and it popped right up when I re-opened the browser. Any ideas? Maybe it'll work if I re-boot the computer ...

I think I had to re-boot, but foxy tunes is working for me, its great how you can switch though the different players

Hmmm ...re-booted and the window didn't pop up to let me install it when I opened up Firefox ...

I don't know WTF I'm doing wrong with that FoxyTunes extension.

maybe re-download

i would like to know how this foxytunes thing goes. just wanna know if i still have to keep my actual media player running. if not, that would be awesome and help with the system resources.

Safari here. Might have to look into Firefox though.

safari is fine for MAC, I use it on the G4,

side note: Opera just came out with an update Opera

maybe re-download

I did ... and it still doesn't work. :ph34r:

maybe re-download

I did ... and it still doesn't work. :ph34r:

did you remove the original plug in?

oh yeah Steve if you have a flash drive to transport stuff to and from work or what ever, I am getting the files for Portable Firefox, so that wasy you can run it off the flash drive (which in the case I have seen is actually a little faster loading) and it will have all the same settings and plug ins you have installed on your home machine

:horse:

Firefaox is the best. When people use my computer they like to load internet explorer because they dont know. So I've been thinking of making a firefox icon on my desktop and changing the Icon to the IE one and naming it internet explorer. If ya cant beat'em out smart'em.

Only problem ive had with firefox is a virus called Aurora, its a pain right in the ass.

upon start up or opening of a new window is the only time FF trips up on me, I have been using opera a little more but it is much heavier of a program than firefox