Generation X

eD19ov.2 vs. Fi Q and Bl 18s

Can anyone tell a big dfference buy switchin from eD19ov.2 to FiQ18 or Fi Bl18

in terms of sq and overall output?

Question# 2 iv'e notice that eD19ov.2 uses a single spider

FiQ 18 dual spider

Fi Bl 18 triple spider

What heck is a spider and what does is do? btw power and space is not an issue and i will be using ported

boxes.

The spider is the suspension that helps the sub from flapping around uncontrollably.

avoid ED like the plague

I have a 19Ov.2. It died to the wall socket in my 6 cu ft 40Hz tuned enclosure...lasted a good amount of time though.

The 19Ov.2 is a great subwoofer...It can handle a good amount of power (1000 watts RMS). The sub sounds very good. The ONLY weakness I had with mine was the single spider. It is not that pliable. The spider ripped pretty much all around the whole sub. Once day I saw the sub sagging very noticeably. Took the sub out and saw the damage. BUT that was my fault. 10Hz tone + 1200 watts + 6 cu ft ported 40Hz w/ 112.5 sq in of port area = Nothing good. But the sub was still wanging hard for a week before I noticed. I still could have wanged hard. Soon it would have completely died though.

avoid ED like the plague

Please explain why.

the owner. They make decent products, I just don't want to support him.

I have a 19Ov.2. It died to the wall socket in my 6 cu ft 40Hz tuned enclosure...lasted a good amount of time though.

The 19Ov.2 is a great subwoofer...It can handle a good amount of power (1000 watts RMS). The sub sounds very good. The ONLY weakness I had with mine was the single spider. It is not that pliable. The spider ripped pretty much all around the whole sub. Once day I saw the sub sagging very noticeably. Took the sub out and saw the damage. BUT that was my fault. 10Hz tone + 1200 watts + 6 cu ft ported 40Hz w/ 112.5 sq in of port area = Nothing good. But the sub was still wanging hard for a week before I noticed. I still could have wanged hard. Soon it would have completely died though.

I also had a pair of 19ov.2s which was sealed in a 6cf box the at time, it sounded great at first

then after awhile it sound like $%*! so i took the subs out the damn spiders were ripped around

the subs. I had to replace them twice. Can't help but notice that these subs are built overseas

like most Crap these days. Are there anything made in the U.S. anymore? besides whats good

is a 5 year warranty when this chit keeps fallen apart.

Not so logical to ask about both SQ and output. Which do you want?

Either way, don't buy the eD the owner is an ass and the company screws many of its customers including most of the mod staff here and at all non-ICIX sites.

EDUHH= the WORST customer service in audio history...

Not so logical to ask about both SQ and output. Which do you want?

Either way, don't buy the eD the owner is an ass and the company screws many of its customers including most of the mod staff here and at all non-ICIX sites.

It is logical to have both of best worlds.

I'm not an SQ purist nor HardCore SPL Fanatic more like LOUD SOUND QUALITY example the first generation

JL W6 subs hit Hard and sounded clean back in the day early to mid 90s. so i ask once again

which Fi series you guys suggest. and Please don't answer my question with a question.

I also had a pair of 19ov.2s which was sealed in a 6cf box the at time, it sounded great at first

then after awhile it sound like $%*! so i took the subs out the damn spiders were ripped around

the subs. I had to replace them twice. Can't help but notice that these subs are built overseas

like most Crap these days. Are there anything made in the U.S. anymore? besides whats good

Well you are asking for a miracle. Sundown amplifiers are made overseas, SSA and Sundown subwoofer parts are made overseas and assembled here, I'm pretty sure Fi is the same way. What you are getting at is the ASSEMBLERS not the fact that they are made overseas. There isn't much quality control over there, they leave it up to the owner when they are shipped over here; and depending on their standards they will accept it or not.

Well you are asking for a miracle. Sundown amplifiers are made overseas, SSA and Sundown subwoofer parts are made overseas and assembled here, I'm pretty sure Fi is the same way. What you are getting at is the ASSEMBLERS not the fact that they are made overseas. There isn't much quality control over there, they leave it up to the owner when they are shipped over here; and depending on their standards they will accept it or not.

Are FI subs made in the usa or not?

Yes they are made here. In Las Vegas.

OK so which sub would work great for me, i mostly listen to rap, r&b and sometimes play

around with Bass CDs.

OK so which sub would work great for me, i mostly listen to rap, r&b and sometimes play

around with Bass CDs.

BL, a Q will work for you aswell but it seems like you are looking for output; and the BL will deliver.

It sounds to me you should get the bl and I can assure you that Fi is built right here, in Las Vegas.

Edited by nmssd12

You want an ALL American woofer?

Most DD subs are all American, parts and assembly.

Edited by bassahaulic

It sounds to me you should get the bl and I can assure you that Fi is built right here, in Las Vegas.

What's the lowest frequency i could tune the a BL 18 to?

I liked loud Lowwww Frequencys i'm trying to be specific as much as possible.

Do you have the power? In my experiences it takes alot of power to get low notes loud.

And by loud I mean 150+

And tune it to whatever you want.

Edited by bassahaulic

for a nice low end response id tune to 30-32hz....power doesnt have everything to do with it...ex.u can have a box with a flat response from 20-70hz with no peak...using the same,lets say, 1000watts in order to do so...i think a simple low tuned ported design will work well for u

Do you have the power? In my experiences it takes alot of power to get low notes loud.

And by loud I mean 150+

And tune it to whatever you want.

How much power for BL18 u suggest?

Do you currently have an amp?

I tune all ported enclosures from 30hz to 34hz.

for a nice low end response id tune to 30-32hz....power doesnt have everything to do with it...ex.u can have a box with a flat response from 20-70hz with no peak...using the same,lets say, 1000watts in order to do so...i think a simple low tuned ported design will work well for u

I believe i will run with your advise u just gave, btw thanks.

Edited by BassMan808

i would feed it anywhere from a saz1000d to a saz1500d..or anything in between(sae1200d)...lol anywhere from 1000 to 1700watts will be perfect..(also depends on what options u get on it)

i would feed it anywhere from a saz1000d to a saz1500d..or anything in between(sae1200d)...lol anywhere from 1000 to 1700watts will be perfect..(also depends on what options u get on it)

My amp is a 1ohm stable class D so my first option is dual2 ohm sub.

The power i'm workin with is 1200- 1500rms. What other options do i need?