Generation X

eD19ov.2 vs. Fi Q and Bl 18s

if price is of little concern then id get a fully loaded bl...it will handle 1500rms better and plus the resale value will be better...just my 2 cents

Just about all subs are either made from parts overseas or built overseas. Some are assembled here like Fi's drivers but all use foreign parts. Either way a Q or BL > then a 19ov.2 in every aspect.

Edited by KSlice

Fi Q will get loud as well and sound better then a BL doing IMO.

Yeah i agree. I wasnt too impressed by the SQ of the BL but then again its not really made for it tbo.

Fi Q will get loud as well and sound better then a BL doing IMO.

Yeah i agree. I wasnt too impressed by the SQ of the BL but then again its not really made for it tbo.

No doubt, but saying the q wont get loud is a bad statement.

id get the Q for LOUD SOUND QUALITY purposes

Edited by dwright27

Just about all subs are either made from parts overseas or built overseas. Some are assembled here like Fi's drivers but all use foreign parts. Either way a Q or BL > then a 19ov.2 in every aspect.

OK which sub is better handsdown.

Both BL and Q cost $294 before adding options.

powerhanding appears to be the same also.

ported box on Q is larger than BL.

Q18 6-10cft. fs23.8 Spl 89.4

BL18 5-10cft. fs32.5 SPL92.6

the Q is gonna give you ALOT more sound quality then the BL and still be able to get loud.

if it was me i would get the Q with all the options, if i wanted to be loud and sound great doing it.

BL is more effecient so it doesnt take as much power to get it loud, but the Q will sound better on the lows IMO.

Edited by dwright27

the bl will also handle 1500+ watts more easily than a q..

the bl will also handle 1500+ watts more easily than a q..

if his gain is set correctly he wont have to worry about pushing the Q to its thermal limits.

He said rap and bass cd's. Get the BL. Really.

the Q is gonna give you ALOT more sound quality then the BL and still be able to get loud.

The only option i found on the Q is BP power. What is BP pwer?

if it was me i would get the Q with all the options, if i wanted to be loud and sound great doing it.

BL is more effecient so it doesnt take as much power to get it loud, but the Q will sound better on the lows IMO.

I think the Q with bp option might be a great start in the

right direction but then again i would hate to have to upgrade again if i

made the wrong choice.

BL or Q

Q or BL

Honestly i don't know crap about fi, all

i know that eD subs Gotta GO!!!!!!!

answer this

are you gonna want loud?

or clean bass?

Q- will sound super clean and clear, and i'm sure you'll be way surprised on how loud it will get out while still sounding amazing clean.

BL- will with no doubt have the POTENTIAL louder then the Q, but that's all depending on the enclosure.

i say get the Q. you'll be happy with Either decision though

From the Fi website

Sealed box: 4-8 cuft

Ported box: 6-10 cuft @ 28Hz

Pretty broad though so I would just find different setups that people with the Q18 have and check out their box size.

Get the Q, the BP power is free on it right now. If you don't like it, it'll be easy to sell and then you can buy the BL.

Seriously... it'll be more than enough volume in the recommended box and it'll sound great. Just follow the recommended specs that Fi has laid out.

I Had An 18" Q Before My BL, And Yes, It Sounded Wonderful. But I Highly Prefer The BL To My Musical Tastes, And When I'm Ready To Actually Build My "SQ" Vehicle, I WILL Go With 4 Q 18"s. That Being Said, The Q I Had Was A Great Bottom Octave Monster, But Fell Off Quite A Bit In The Top-Range That The BL Hits Effortlessly. I Highly Recommend A BL For Rap, And Tuned To 32hz Will Give You Plenty Of Feel And Good SQ For What The Woofer Actually Is.

Btw, Fack eD. Horrible Customer Service And Rip-Off Designs With Cheap Parts. The Owner Is A Prick, Too.