Sign in to follow this  
ia2

1965 VW Beetle +10" 187 = awesome

Here is a little system I hooked up for a friend of mine..

1965 VW Beetle

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X692

2 Kenwood 6.5" 3-way coaxials in custom kick panels (forgot to take pics)

2 tweeters (already installed, sounded ok so I left em)

10" Incriminator Audio 187 in 2 cubes @ 35 hz (custom VW logo in plexi window)

Hifonics BX1500d @ 2 ohms

Future upgraded battery, and hopefully an alternator conversion

I think it turned out very nice. Hits the lows in rap songs very well, and also hits all the bass drum kicks perfectly. I played the live acoustic version of Hotel California in it, and was very impressed with both the midrange and the bass kicks in that song.......so anyway, here are a few pics.

VWBeetle005.jpg

VWBeetle006.jpg

VWBeetle007.jpg

VWBeetle001.jpg

You have no idea what I'd do for that car. I've been wanting to find a '61-67 beetle forever. They're really hard to find on the East coast in any sort of decent condition. My 2nd car was a '73 standard Beetle that I used to show.

Nice paint job. I love the clean look. Mine had the fender turn signals shaved and all the chrome removed. Lowered front-end with 8-spoke EMPI rims painted to match. *sigh*

:sadwavey:

You have no idea what I'd do for that car. I've been wanting to find a '61-67 beetle forever. They're really hard to find on the East coast in any sort of decent condition. My 2nd car was a '73 standard Beetle that I used to show.

Nice paint job. I love the clean look. Mine had the fender turn signals shaved and all the chrome removed. Lowered front-end with 8-spoke EMPI rims painted to match. *sigh*

:sadwavey:

2 18'S IN A WALL.

Very nice. That Beetle is in awesome shape.

Don't see many of them on the road here in PA. That one looks Sweet!

nice setup, better get some electrical upgrades done ASAP though. we put a BX1500 (@2ohms also) in my friends '72 BMW Bavaria a few years back and literally a week later the alternator went, then the voltage regulator, then a couple batteries, then the amp cooked (from low voltage i am assuming)

With 2 12" Kappa Perfects In 4 cubes tuned to 35hz it was crazy loud for a short amount of time though

Edited by manbeer

Very nice!

That car is in great shape!

nice setup, better get some electrical upgrades done ASAP though. we put a BX1500 (@2ohms also) in my friends '72 BMW Bavaria a few years back and literally a week later the alternator went, then the voltage regulator, then a couple batteries, then the amp cooked (from low voltage i am assuming)

With 2 12" Kappa Perfects In 4 cubes tuned to 35hz it was crazy loud for a short amount of time though

Ive told the guy to get an extra battery and eventually do an alternator conversion........maybe he will....who knows?

Oh and thanks to everybody else for the nice comments.......the car was done up very nicely by somebody before he bought it, and all it was missing was a nice stereo.....problem solved