eric77

RL-P Install

I finished my box today for the rl-p. It took awhile but came out pretty nice. All I have to say is that computer guided tools kick *ss!

rlpbox13qq.jpg

rlpbox24sf.jpg

rlpbox31nl.jpg

rlpbox48bv.jpg

I know the pictures suck, but what do you expect at 12:30 at night.

wow, thats one clean hole

gonna carpet it ?

that looks awesome

i want computer guided tools!

Wait till you see how the rl-p fits in there. There is not even a mm between it and the baffle.

I'll probably carpet it next weekend.

I still have to use some filler to fill in the holes where all the screws are. i also need to get a terminal cup.

Radio shack sells nice square screw ones

there $5

I installed the rl-p a little earlier today and holy sh*t it is loud! My car is going to fall apart. Overall, it sounds great for rap, which is all I've listened to on it so far. IT plaid late night tip flawlessly and with authority. Something my 10's were never able to do. Pretty much anything by lil john is actuallly painful. lol. I'll work on getting a video and some pics up pretty soon.

hehe..sweet!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

rlp1resized5ng.jpg

flush mount

rlp3resize7al.jpg

rlp4resize0qs.jpg

and a little excursion

rlp6resize4yo.jpg

I'm working on getting a video. With any luck I'll get one up tonight.

wow looks very nice

wow looks very nice

Thanks.

such an attractive woofer in a well build box

Now for a little review.

Overall, I am very pleased with this sub. The Sq is awesome so far, but my front stage really cant even try to keep up when the subs wangin. I plaid hotel california on it a little while ago and it was tight and crisp. No distortion whatsoever at very high volume. However, I had to open the trunk and listen to it from there to know this because my car rattles so much when its playing that loud that you cant tell if it is completely distortion free from the front seat. Very different sound than that of my old diamond m6mkII 10's in a sealed box. Just as "quick" so to speak, but just different. Its a little more "full" if you know what I mean, a little deeper and stronger so to speak.

So it has sq, but does it have spl?

ABSOLUTELY. This thing is LOUD. It shocked the hell outta me and all of my friends. I was expecting a small step up in output from my diamonds considering the cone area was a little less and I was going to send it 500w less, but there is no question that this is way louder. I drove up to wienerschnitzel today with my music up very loud playing 50 cent candy shop. I parked about 40 ft away and when i went inside one of my firiends just had this look of awe on his face. It soon passed and he told me that the whole restaurant was shaking from my bass. lol. Don't bother lecturing me on how terrible this is because I really never do this kind of thing. I know that noone wants to hear me, but what the hell its new and I want to show it off.

This is just an awesome sub that can get loud and sound good doing it. If you are looking into getting any subs I would definitely recommend soundsplinter. I can attest to the quality of the rl-p and have heard nothing but good things about the rl-i and the customer service really is second to none.

:thumbsup:

thanks for the review!

it's just an all-around sweet looking sub...they were looking good before, now they look even better :)

can't wait until Kent sends my box, although i don't have an amp for it yet :(

I finally got around to carpeting it yesterday. Its not perfect but I think its pretty good for my first try. The biggest problem was a miscalculation and not starting on the bottom. For some reason I started on the back and then I ran out of room, so I had to use a an extra scrap piece to fill in the hole on the back. I ended up with 2 seams on the bock but its alright and you never really even see it.

809571_17_full.jpg

809571_18_full.jpg

809571_19_full.jpg

809571_20_full.jpg

809571_21_full.jpg

809571_22_full.jpg

809571_23_full.jpg

809571_24_full.jpg

809571_25_full.jpg

I got metered today and hit a 145.1 on an audiocontrol mike @ 45hz or so. I somehow managed to get 2nd in my class of about 5 which included an re sexxx, which I beat by .1, an re XXX which I beat by about 1 db and a 13w7 that got me by .7 db. Im definitly happy with results. I wasnt expecting anywhere near that with my low tuning.