Poundhardheh

15" Fi Bl enclosure design

I'm talking 4.3 before displacement and bracing.

Also I'm looking for the low bass that shakes the whole car and moves alot of air

and the bass you can feel throughout your body, not so much the bass that would score high

on a term lab.

What's a good frequency for everyday listening? I listen to almost all rap.

Last questions could I make a type of muffler out of 1/2 MDF and cover the port for rock music?

Or is that pointless?

I've been told everywhere that the jump in SQ isn't much and also the SPL is alot more on the BL

And I also hear on other forums they recommend the BL for rap because Q's are better in sealed box!

Would 35hz be a good tuning to get good SPL and hit the lows?

well its more than loud enough for me and due to technical problems with my power source its only giving my amp like 800 rms...

that is true that q's have better sq in a sealed box and hit lows better i believe...but in ported it hits everything great and is loud as sh**

Ok, so I think I designed my final box, just need a last opinion.

There is 77.5 square port area for a 4.9 cube box before displacement, after the sub it will bring it to about 4.7.

Than I am adding a brace in each corner so I'm thinking it will be around 4.3 after displacement.

My tuning frequency will be around 32-33hz

I know the box is a little bit bigger than it calls for, but I hear it doesn't matter if it's a little bit bigger.

Also I'm putting the sub to a JL 1000/1

Quickly need opinion on the box! :clap: