bngblzr

robotunderground?

I recently discovered Patrick Chandler and his shop. Has any body here used any of his subs or amps? The subs look to be very nice with beefy motors and Stiff paper cones. I am thinking about 1 18" "TC Sounds" with the "3 HP" motor. He said it wants around 1500 watts RMS. I have a about 1100 watts RMS to give it.

Looking for general input on him and his operation. He seems to be a very nice guy, wondering what you guys think.

i personally have never bought from him. i have heard horror stories on other sites about his store.

just be careful.

My 2 pesos

Edited by kayone707

I looked to him for a top assembly for my audiopulse axis. he told me he could recone it to match my new one, but then told me it was one of the soundsplinter tops. not like the axis except the basket design i think..so i passed

ok thanks guys... i live like 5 miles from him so i am curious. What do most company's use to hold the surround to the basket? i have seen his operation and its interesting.

ok thanks guys... i live like 5 miles from him so i am curious. What do most company's use to hold the surround to the basket? i have seen his operation and its interesting.

ummm is that ur setup in the pic of the blazer.. if so that port is super little... lol it looks like it should be bigger imo

ummm is that ur setup in the pic of the blazer.. if so that port is super little... lol it looks like it should be bigger imo

that is really what they want. even know it is small. pioneer subs don't need a large port. the port is 7X4'' 7 inches deep.

that is really what they want. even know it is small. pioneer subs don't need a large port. the port is 7X4'' 7 inches deep.

They don't really know what they want then :Doh:

You live in AZ ?!

Have you had to explain that a bunch of times?

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/sales-...nderground.html

Interesting read concerning robot underground.

wow, 17 pages on this guy? damn. I have met him in person and seems ok. I couldn't tell you business wise if he's allright. He tells everyone that RobotUnderground is funded by a church or something and is not for profit, which beggs the question, how does he pay his bills by doing this full time?!? Doesn't add up to me :Doh:

They don't really know what they want then :Doh:

You live in AZ ?!

Yes, just moved, me and my boy LilTeddyP, we live in Tempe

Have you had to explain that a bunch of times?

Yes :(

if you want to see(buy) some 18's, just get ahold of me sometime... i'm not far away from you, maybe 20 mins.

XCONs are shipping today! (hopefully)

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/sales-...nderground.html

Interesting read concerning robot underground.

wow, 17 pages on this guy? damn. I have met him in person and seems ok. I couldn't tell you business wise if he's allright. He tells everyone that RobotUnderground is funded by a church or something and is not for profit, which beggs the question, how does he pay his bills by doing this full time?!? Doesn't add up to me :Doh:

yea, he told me it was all volunteer work

Even though his actions and business practices seem to be questionable, i love the fact that he has all kinds of weird obscure crap that you rarely come across elsewhere. I think i would give him the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time i dunno about subs he is building himself, especially when it is a well know fact that he had a stockpile of demagnetized motor assemblies a while back that he got by accident and people were getting subs that were basically paperweights. I would take the chance on a couple of those D7152 Boards though ;)

none profit means the company doesnt make money after everything is paid material,labor,shipping,etc thats part of why a lot of charitys only like 15% actually goes to what its supposed to. damn ceo's cant forget there bonus checks.

if you want to see(buy) some 18's, just get ahold of me sometime... i'm not far away from you, maybe 20 mins.

XCONs are shipping today! (hopefully)

I would love too. where are you located? whats your number?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that port is for one sub ...man ... and it must sound like crap

btw. whats the box size ?

Edited by Tyan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that port is for one sub ...man ... and it must sound like crap

REALLY THE PORT IF FOR 1 in the manual. do the math... its round in the manual convert to square. The pic is also not the right resolution. so it looks smaller than it is. Its 7"x4" 7" deep. the box was professionally built....

The idea of the thread was about robotunderground not my port..... :Doh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that port is for one sub ...man ... and it must sound like crap

REALLY THE PORT IF FOR 1 in the manual. do the math... its round in the manual convert to square. The pic is also not the right resolution. so it looks smaller than it is. Its 7"x4" 7" deep. the box was professionally built....

The idea of the thread was about robotunderground not my port..... :Doh:

Thought we proved the robot question? Anyways back to that port. It needs help!

VERY NICE BOXES. so when do i get to hear those 18's? LOL.

Well that box is gone. after a local car show some one stole it. and completely destroyed the vehicle doing so. I had to use all my insurance money rebuilding the the truck that i haven't been able to rebuild yet. I have 4 re 10's right now in a Rockford 500.2 it tries hard but there not my old 12's. sound better but not as loud.