I tried searching on two sites and couldnt find it, but what does running at full tilt mean?

Like blaring the volume all the way almost (3/4ths give or take)

or

turning the phase all the way to 180 or whatever? I dont know why I thought so, but I've always thought it was turning hte phase up...

Full tilt refers to the loudest you listen to it.

What is your question about it?

It's just referring to the loudest volume you listen to your radio at.

It doesn't DO anything. :Doh:

I think he was asking what the phase does.

Oh we must have a miscommunication lol. After you answered what full tilt was, I asked what does phase do lol.

Oh we must have a miscommunication lol. After you answered what full tilt was, I asked what does phase do lol.

ohhhhhh ok.

Phase is referring to the subs placement in relation to the port. If the port is facing forward, and subs up, it is a 90degree phase

We will have the right answer in a min. lol

Phase refers to where the output signal is compared to what the input signal is.

Like this.180px-Phase_shift.svg.png

Just eyeballing it appears the blue line is 90* out of phase of the red line.

Edited by bromo

See thanks lol

Phase is used to make your subwoofer play a certain note before your front speakers, so that the sound waves from all your speakers get to your ears at the same time.

Phase is used to make your subwoofer play a certain note before your front speakers, so that the sound waves from all your speakers get to your ears at the same time.

So since i have sub up port forward (towards the trunk, right?) i would put it at 90? I thought it was the reversing polarity also but couldnt think of what I wanted to say.

and how would I go about setting it? Do i just sit in my drivers seat and have someone turn hte knob until it sounds good? or just to what I'm liking, correct?

ohhhhhh ok.

Phase is referring to the subs placement in relation to the port. If the port is facing forward, and subs up, it is a 90degree phase

err, no. Phase has to do with the output wave, as Bromo pictured up. You then use it to match your other speakers since they are all at different lengths from your ears, as Duran noted. So basically yeah, you just play with the setting until the wave from the sub matches those from your front speakers. Usually if the sub is out of phase with your interior speakers it will sound like it's a step behind or ahead of the interiors on midbass notes. Play with the phase setting until they sound like they're one single sound.

sounds good, i can do that. It sounded fine in the middle, but my bro was saying it sounded like it wasn't hitting right after i set it to 0. I'll change while playing and see.

I set my subsonic to a little bit higher than 15hz, i was hoping for around 20-25, couldn't be for sure tho (Why do amp makers do that?)

I set my LPF to hopefully around 80hz, yet again, can't see exactly which is gay.

sounds good, i can do that. It sounded fine in the middle, but my bro was saying it sounded like it wasn't hitting right after i set it to 0. I'll change while playing and see.

I set my subsonic to a little bit higher than 15hz, i was hoping for around 20-25, couldn't be for sure tho (Why do amp makers do that?)

I set my LPF to hopefully around 80hz, yet again, can't see exactly which is gay.

If your talking about marking the amplifiers adjustment knobs incrementally, They really can't do it. Well they could but it wouldn't be accurate as the potentiometers used to adjust are not linear. Meaning if the range is marked 10Hz to 500Hz right in the middle wont always be equal to 225Hz(500-10=450Hz of usable adjustment), it could be 200Hz or 250Hz or something else.