Huh interesting

I am the DD guy here for the most part. :(

Obviously you don't have experience with anything else. Your sample set is so small I'd take your recommendations with a grain of salt.

Well atleast i got someone that knows something about DD, i may go with those 3512s and start off with 2 hifonics brutus amps 1600watts....then get my alt stuff right b4 i upgrade power wise

If you use the Hifnoics amps, be very careful not to clip the signal.

Have you bought the amps yet?

actually I do! lol

I say this alot but, lol

A Team Mate of mine, Jacob Janet, runs a AQ1200 on his L7 15".

It is beating the crap out of it!! Easily putting out 1200rms, probably a tad more.

Funny you make a recommendation to not beat on the Hifo-crap amp and then recommend an amp built identically to it. Both are disposables, I wouldn't run either.

Please stop whoring crap answers. Consider this a public warning.

DD

Lock thread now

With out knowing much about what the OP is asking, these are they types of posts that don't help.

And idk if I would compare then two. But I suppose.

Board color and heatsink shape are the diffrences as far as I can tell from the pictures. 90% sure they share the same components.

This is exactly why I don't understand the level of hype.

Only thing (I) dont like about DD is the high tuning they recommend.

But other than that great woofer's.

Board color and heatsink shape are the diffrences as far as I can tell from the pictures. 90% sure they share the same components.

Id like you to buy the AQ2200 and do an actual comparison with the BXI 2607.

Someone needs to do this atleast.

What about a drop in comparison between 9500s and BTLs. I say that needs to be done before anything can be said.

Why the hate on AQ amps? I would compare them to DD amps just a lil cheaper components. Both DD (m series) & AQ amps are made by the same people...

I understand your ego is hurt. Open up the Aq, let's list some parts. I've got the hifonics schematic. Get the aq schematic.

I'm not buying something just to bust some internet ego / boner. I have nothing to prove, you guys can keep riding the pawnedwagon.

There is no Aq hate. It's just the fact that they are the same quality as Hifonics. One more striking similarity. AQ 3500, Hifonics xxv thor (I have one of these opened up on my desk).

What about a drop in comparison between 9500s and BTLs. I say that needs to be done before anything can be said.

And which one of DD's fart cannons are you going to compare with the Fi Q since the thread is comparing the two companies?

Why the hate on AQ amps? I would compare them to DD amps just a lil cheaper components. Both DD (m series) & AQ amps are made by the same people...

Most people on here base it on when shizzon had problems with strapping the amp's.

But other than that i have heard no other complaints from anyone who own's an AQ amp

And which one of DD's fart cannons are you going to compare with the Fi Q since the thread is comparing the two companies?

Has DD ever made a SQ orientated sub?

Edited by Bobaflob

I understand your ego is hurt. Open up the Aq, let's list some parts. I've got the hifonics schematic. Get the aq schematic.

I'm not buying something just to bust some internet ego / boner. I have nothing to prove, you guys can keep riding the pawnedwagon.

Ego is not hurt..

And what i said was not rude at all, simply just want to see if it's true since ive heard you talk about it so much.

Drop-in test's aren't the best comparison one can do, simply because 2 diffrent woofers don't have the same parameters. They won't perform the same.

A couple gut pics.

Audioque 2200

2200D.jpg

Brutus BXi 2607

hifonicsbxi2607d.jpg

Has DD ever made a SQ orientated sub?

9100's are supposed to be (underhung), but there is no evidence to confirm that they are.

I knew they look similar.

Class D drivers are the same stuff, I bet both amps use IRFP 360LC's in the amp section, and IRFP 064's in the power supply section. Same voltage rail more than likely. Board looks identical. Like I said, if you really want to contradict this, get the schematic and we'll analyse both.

No they don't. One is brown and one is blue. Completely different, lol.

would you guys compare a DD "M" series amp to a hifonics brutus amp?

M3 looks a lot like the 3500. BUT

It has smaller and more fet's in the output stage compared to the 3500. Can't find the pic to get a better idea.

x2 +1 you beat me too it.

but on a serious note

didnt your mom ever teach you that everything with bigger cooling/magnet units (idfk what they really are, the big donut looking things with wire rapped around it) on the right are always better then the exact same thing just mirror'd?

geez, people nowadays! no common sense.

x2 +1 you beat me too it.

but on a serious note

didnt your mom ever teach you that everything with bigger cooling/magnet units (idfk what they really are, the big donut looking things with wire rapped around it) on the right are always better then the exact same thing just mirror'd?

geez, people nowadays! no common sense.

Are you referring to the Toroids?