bnasty

newb from kansas

welcome!....do you hear this one a lot too------it's hot in T_O_P_E_K_A (it's from Fosters Home for Imanginary Friends, my kids love that show.)

ha.. dont hear that one much but yea when i watched that episode i felt special like topeka was all of a sudden famous or somethin! :o

My name should help you figure out where I live

lol um what is lawrence?

This is not jeopardy. You are banned!

jk

so i got a question for you guys.. im lookin into the btl 18 or nightshade 18.. would there be any difference if i only had one on a sundown 3000 instead of 2?

welcome to ssa

where are all u kansas fellas from?

kansas meet! hah im stuck in mcpherson kansas. im whiling to drive out of this small town to meet up lol hit me up

so i got a question for you guys.. im lookin into the btl 18 or nightshade 18.. would there be any difference if i only had one on a sundown 3000 instead of 2?

Why would you want to put 6000 on either of those subs? That's three times what they're rated for.

Why would you want to put 6000 on either of those subs? That's three times what they're rated for.

lol i see how you could get confused.. my fault.. i mean two subs not two amps.. lets say i have one sundown 3000 and 1 fi btl 18.. or i have one sundown 3000 and two fi btl 18s.. which setup would be louder? shouldnt they be like the same because the its the same power either way right?

oh whoops I just reread it and figured out my mistake before I even saw your post, which confirmed it. Anyways, if you have the space, two will be louder. Twice the displacement and less power compression on the subs.

theoretically, 3 db. You get 6 db by doubling woofer cone area and power (so from one 12 with 500 watts to two 12s with 1000 watts), so you should get 3 by doubling cone area but not power. But real life doesn't always play by theoretical rules so we can't be totally accurate in predictions.

wait im confused.. im askin if i got like 500 watts to one 12 compared to 500 watts on 2 12s how much louder would the two 12s be if they would infact be louder.. because im not gonna throw down another 500 bucks for a second sub if im not gonna "hear" that much of a difference..

Yeah. Theoretically, 2 subs on the same power should gain 3 db (doubling cone area but not doubling power).

Okay I see. I thought that's what you were sayin. But is 3db gonna sound that much louder to the ear?

it is said that a 3db change is around the perceptible difference threshold for us.

i see.. well ill put it do you like this i sure dont have enough money to put down to buy 2 fully loaded btls or do i think i wanna spend that much.. would you say 2 audioque hdc3 18s would be louder than that one btl on a sundown 3000? cause those aq's are more in my price range.. lol

I don't know anything about AQ subs. I don't think they're as quality as Fi though.

thats what i thought.. i think one 18 will be plenty loud for a while until i get enough money to get a second one.. lol

Indeed. and if you're only planning on one 3000d for the pair, you really don't need to get the BTLs fully loaded. You can save some money by not getting some options I think.

Yea that makes sense. I probably don't need all the cooling options. Or maybe I could pick some up used if I get lucky. Any other good subs for that price or cheaper? I hear good things about the nightshades

oh another noob

Your'e a noob, stop spamming.

Mod needs to get em :shrug: