Sign in to follow this  
w00tah

Incriminator Audio 187 15" Review

Well, I think I have ample time into this sub now, and I've been promising this review, so here it goes.

First off, car and other equipment. Car is a Dodge Neon ES, headunit is a Sony GT330, front speakers are Powerbass 2xl-6.5's powered off the h/u, the sub is powered off of a Kicker KX400.1 at 2 ohm in 2.0 net sealed. Crossed at 90 hertz @ 12db per octave (only to help the coax's until I can amp them).

Some quick pics:

The most important part, the box:

ScottsPics047.jpg

The cone and dustcap of the moofer:

ScottsPics048.jpg

Height comparison next to a Pepsi 2 liter bottle:

ScottsPics050.jpg

Coil venting, which I was not expecting on an entry level driver:

ScottsPics051.jpg

Ass shot:

ScottsPics054.jpg

The mini review:

First thing I noticed listening to this sub is it's louder than my old Kicker Comp, which it should be, since I'm giving it over 2x the power. Second thing I noticed is it really likes lower material, like sub-40 hertz region. Anything above and it seems to struggle on some notes a WEEEEEEE little bit, might just be my box. Third, it's very accurate for an entry level driver in the chitty enclosure I have. Some of the stuff I listen to is very well recorded, and it reproduced most all of it close to perfectly save for the small hiccups as I noted.

First real song I listened to was Muse- Knights Of Cydonia. If you've never heard the song before, or haven't heard a good copy on a good sub, the beginning has some drop notes in the intro that will shake your car hard. This sub reproduced it so well that it surprised even me. I thought my Comp did an admirable job of reproducing it, but the IA is 100x better.

Second was Kerli- Walking On Air. Really creepy girl, really creepy video, kinda pop meets electronic song. Very low and loud information in this one, and again, the IA kept up just fine. Rearview mirror hates this song smile.gif

Third was Rascal Flatts- What Hurts The Most. Gets really low for a country song, but has nice note shifts in it. Only complaint is the upper end, and I think it's just my box.

Fourth was T.I.- What You Know About That. Great note shifts and low information in it. Played flawlessly on this one. Loud, low when it needed to be low, and switched between the notes with ease, didn't hang itself up on any of them, unlike the Comp.

Fifth was Fear Factory- Damaged. Very quick kick drums that are well recorded. Had good accuracy on them, and played them with a good bit of authority. Not the Raymond Herrera authority of a concert, but still respectable.

Overall, so far that is, I'm QUITE satisfied with my purchase, and I personally think that it's unbeatable in the entry level price range.

I'm going to do some more listening here in the next couple days and will add some songs and reviews of them. I didn't have all the songs on my Ipod that I wanted to sad.gif

Nick, you got a customer for life man, I'll be buying again.

Kef

Nice job. :)

Great job on the review!

I like the variety of music you used.

A song for you to check out is "Ball Tongue" off of Korns "ST" release. Very well recorded and great lows.

This sub is great. It is my first sub but ive heard other setups with 2 10's or 2 12's and its been louder or just as loud as the ones i hear with low but tight bass I have it in 4 cubes net with 64" of port area powered by a kicker 300.1. I cant wait to get a bigger amp to see how this thing handles it. Also i would recommend this product in a heartbeat especially for 130 shipped.

Sorry if this isn't a great review but thats why i didn't start a new topic for it just thought some more input would be nice.

Also i almost forgot to add how helpful Nick at IA was in answering all my noob questions promptly and completely and my sub arrived in about ten days.

Edited by CrownVic