Sign in to follow this  
peko

Rl-i12

i have one Rl-i12 sub and i'm designing a vented box for it in program called 'Bassbox'. i know vented enclosure is not recommended for this sub but it won't be run with more than 300-400watts anyway. oh and this box won't be used in a car but at home.

so now i'm not sure about the size, volume of the box. the same is with diameter and length of the vent.

well i want to know what would u recommend for each one of this exemples individually:

1. what would u recommend for BEST PERFORMANCE of the driver?

2. ....for low tuning. ap. 22hz

oh please tell me also what do u recommend for car box (i will probably build one later on...).

that's it... size, volume etc...

thanks, Peko

For exemplary in-home performance in a low tuned ported application, I would suggest the RL-i12 be placed in a 3 cu ft net volume enclosure, tuned to 22 Hz, with a 4" x 20" long vent.

For an in-car setup, you could go with a 1.25 cu ft net volume sealed enclosure; or a ported enclosure with 2.5 cu ft net volume, tuned to 28 Hz, with at least 30 sq inches of port area.

Good luck! Be careful with your gain and volume when running ported RL-i's, especially with 300wrms+ ;)