Sign in to follow this  
davey242

new system in the works...

Hey guys...

I'm a newbie :blink: hahah

my car was broken into couple week ago. I had an Alpine 7894, Sony explode xs-V1633 6-1/2" 3 way speakers all around, PG 300W amp powering 2 JL 12W0's with a 1 farad cap (my old car needed the cap) and a PG PLD1.

All the bastard got was the faceplate & remot plus damaged the HU..

So now, I've got a Eclipse 8053 on order. Going to run it 8V for now. and a pair of Clarion SRS1684 6-1/2" components for the front doors. going to power the speakers with a flex4 MRPF306 amp (only 4ch amp I have that works) and get rid of the PLD1.

In the summer when it's warm, I'm going to put my PG ZX450 amp to power the speakers (it'll be fixed by then), get the Balanced line adapter and run 16V. then I'll think about upgrading the amp/subs

Any idea to what I should run for the rear peakers instead of the sony's?

I'm going to fiberglass a new rear deck in the summer so size doesn't matter...

thanx

HeavyD

for the money I have to reccomend Crystal, they have made great speakers for the price,

it all depends on your budget and wattage

don't really have a budget.. the ZX450 is 4x80W so it doesn't need to be too high wattage but the Clarions have a 200W max so that's probably around what I'd be looking for to keep them even. I guess what I was really asking (didn't really specify.. was in a hurry.. still got to work late.. oops) is what type.. component, 6x9 that sort of thing.. I was thinking about puttin components in the rear too. I've got a Mitsubishi Lancer.. 4 door and I'd like to have some good high's in all 4 seats (in more ways then one :mellow: )