atsaubrey

New Zed amps

Talk about creating a buzz.

No picutres or detailed specs and there are most of

us putting our names down for the amps.

hehe.....

I have some Ativan (Lorazepam) which helps for those of us who suffer from anxiety.....I'm also waiting unpatiently. :wacky:

I'am tired of waiting. I think i'am going to give up and buy something else as bad as I don't want too.

I'am tired of waiting. I think i'am going to give up and buy something else as bad as I don't want too.

LoL

Good. More for me.

Patience is a virtue my friend.

His line of work is for the true perfectionist and I'm not settling for anything less. Anything else on the market right now is inferior to these upcoming amplifiers. I've been waiting for these puppies for quite some time now. A couple of more weeks won't hurt me one bit.

LoL

Good. More for me.

His line of work is for the true perfectionist and I'm not settling for anything less. Anything else on the market right now is inferior to these upcoming amplifiers. I've been waiting for these puppies for quite some time now. A couple of more weeks won't hurt me one bit.

i am of the same opinion. weird how some of the guys over at DIYMA are thumbing their noses at the new Zed release because, of the class D variation/based design.

LoL

Good. More for me.

i am of the same opinion. weird how some of the guys over at DIYMA are thumbing their noses at the new Zed release because, of the class D variation/based design.

That that did not rub me the right way. In an ignorance/arrogance of apparently all Full Range Class-D's are the same so why get the ZED when I can get the PDX. :rolleyes:

Well, you know how it goes with the self-proclaimed "experts."

Well, you know how it goes with the self-proclaimed "experts."

I am no expert, but I am sure willing to find out what approach Sir Mantz took with his designs, read reviews and probably try them out before I make a blanket statement. FR Class-D is improving, and he has been working with it for a while with pro-audio and home-audio amps. :fing34:

Nothing has been said as of yet that I know of.

i was not intending to rub anyone the wrong way. i was not telling anybody to get the new Zed over the PDX either. for me personally i like the idea of a 6 channel over the PDX 4 channel. to have that kind of flexibility would be HUGE. to each his own..... it certainly was not my intention to pi$$ anyone off.

Denim- my apologies.... i believe i read your reply the wrong way.... i just had a baby girl three weeks ago and moved this last weekend.... i am exhausted.

I'm a noob here, but I called Zed Audio today because I have problems with my Gladius amp, and the "tech" said I need to send it in for repair. Little did I know I was actually talking to Stephen! Talk about excellent customer service!

So I asked him approx. when the new amps will be out; he said hopefully by July, and they'll all have Burr-Brown. He told me that although it's a class D, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in SQ vs. a class A/B (well, at least maybe for my ears since I'm new to this game).

Just thought I'd share a little info on my experience. I'll definitely be buying one of his new amps just to hear it for myself.

I want two of the six channels. One for 3 JL tw5's and another for a morel front end

Denim- my apologies.... i believe i read your reply the wrong way.... i just had a baby girl three weeks ago and moved this last weekend.... i am exhausted.

No worries, :fing34: I have a 3-year-old so I know all too well. ;)

I'm a noob here, but I called Zed Audio today because I have problems with my Gladius amp, and the "tech" said I need to send it in for repair. Little did I know I was actually talking to Stephen! Talk about excellent customer service!

So I asked him approx. when the new amps will be out; he said hopefully by July, and they'll all have Burr-Brown. He told me that although it's a class D, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in SQ vs. a class A/B (well, at least maybe for my ears since I'm new to this game).

Just thought I'd share a little info on my experience. I'll definitely be buying one of his new amps just to hear it for myself.

He is a good guy for sure and has really made some excellent amps over the years.

I want two of the six channels. One for 3 JL tw5's and another for a morel front end

That would be awesome. :)

I have owned several different class D full range amps...they dont all sound the same and but most are pretty decent...

I am currently running class G/H amps ( Zeff design...think ARC KS series but cheaper...same amp basically but cheaper) ....and it to me is better than class D but efficient like class D

I am sure Zed will make a top notch version of whatever he makes..

i exchanged some emails with Steve last week and he said they were looking more like August. my cash will be waiting!

Stephen said that the tooling for the new heat sink broke. Looking at mid August at the earliest.