AirFramerMack

Incriminator VS Incriminator

I have 4.45^ft3 to work with,before port displacement, I am going to invert the subs. I only have 800rms. I have a single Re SE 12 in 2.5 slot port 35hz now, an its just not loud enough. I was either going to get two 187 12s with a single 6 or 8" round port, or one Lethal injection 15 and a single 6 or 8" port..... This is going into the trunk of my car, and surprisingly it is louder with the sub and port firing into the cabin(with the seats down). what do you think will get the loudest. This is just a daily driver, roughly 34-37hz will be the tuning and has anyone mess with the Hifonics square subs, are they of any quality. Im just worried that using an 8" port will take up too much air space so two 6" ports may be metter

Edited by AirFramerMack

i would go with 2x187 and one 8 port (less space than 2x6) .... what amp and how much space to work with ?

... Hifonics square subs ...

smile_lol.gif

well i was just asking about them sense everyone seems to like the 25 dollar hifi subs. I have 4.40 before port displacement and 800rms the 8" port will take up .52^ft3 what about three 4" ports

Edited by AirFramerMack

I would go with the two 12 187's as well. Although I like single 15. benifits of the 2 12's IMO price, more cone area, 2 motors vs 1. I would also go with a single 8" port if your worried about space. A single 8" tuned to 34hz in 4cuft would need to be about 23.5" long while 2 6" would need to be about 28.5" long.

Just my opinion.

Chad

if u go with the 187 ... 3cubes (without ports and subs) and 2x4" should be enough @ 34Hz ...and with 400Wrms on each one <-- perfect ;)

well i was just asking about them sense everyone seems to like the 25 dollar hifi subs. I have 4.40 before port displacement and 800rms the 8" port will take up .52^ft3 what about three 4" ports

No one around here likes any of the new Hifonics garbage. Stay away from that!

well if i use a single 8" port that makes my internal volume only 3.88^3ft. what tuning do you recomend? well i worked some numbers and found some stuff i can cut out of the trunk so i can get 6.50^3ft before displacement. So i think i could squeeze in a pair of 187 15s/

Edited by AirFramerMack

well if u have that much space get the 187 15s and do 2x6" ports ... either way u will be happy with IA subs :wub:

thats all fine ... go for it :drink40:

so here is what ive come up with. im going to invert the subs. the halfway point up and blow the PVC port im going to use an all thread bolt front to back, and then way long ways across the enclosures. with a 1/16th" piece of sheet metal(brushed) on the front of the enclosure, with the allthread bolts and about 250 small screws going around the sheet metal and one line up them in the center. and carpet the rest, I am in aiframer in the Navy so im going for a industrial look here. let me know what you think

IA18715.jpg

Edited by AirFramerMack

..looks good ... but u should buy yourself some AEROPORTS ... that PVC pipe will suck ass

yea i wanted to use an 8"aeroport but thats an extra 60 bucks,so im going to flare the end of the PVC with a heat gun and then router the other end a little

yea i wanted to use an 8"aeroport but thats an extra 60 bucks,so im going to flare the end of the PVC with a heat gun and then router the other end a little

where did you find an 8" aeroport? biggest ive found is a 6"