AirFramerMack

Incriminator VS Incriminator

:WTFBubble: than just do a sealed one ...and u will stop havin "your port issues"

well if u have that much space get the 187 15s and do 2x6" ports ... either way u will be happy with IA subs :wub:

hahah totally forgot about that. This box/setup is just getting on my nerves. Im almost pushing towards two 12s just to make it easier. I can do a 4x16.75"slot port or two 6" pvc ports and still get the same amount of airspace after displacement

OK I think ive got this correct now. I can either do 38"x18.25"x20" with two 6"x12.75" ports, 37hz or I can do same enclosure size and a 4"x16.75"x11" 37-38hz and 6.0 after displacement..... Im leaning more towards the round ports myself

Ok well I hate to continue asking this but im sick of investing money into this car and it just not being enough. So I was just informed that 6.0 is not enough for two 187 15s, was told the lows will drop off quickly and two 187 12s would be louder overall......... I thought 6.0 would be enough for those,if not ill try the 12s

Who told you that? 6 cubes after displacement will be a perfect setup for 2 15's.

just another hobbyist informed me of that. So now that I hear from who it really matters. two 187 15s it is. with two 6" PVC ports. Wish i could afford aeroports

if anyone knows how picky and indecisive i am its you bro. Im got the box being built this weekend. im going to order subs tomorrow or thursday but the box is going to take me about an extra week to finish doing everything i want to do

Ok so i have everything lined up, going to start tearing my current system apart this weekend to make room for the new one. But what tuning should i shoot for. As of now the two best sounding songs i listen to are Trap or die, and juice box. i like how juice box sounds but trap or die seems to be the loudest, and blueberry yum yum and late nite tip seem a little too low. i was going to try 37hz.... what do you think

OK i ordered the 187 15s. only problem is i my amp is only 2ohm stable. so ill have to run them at 4ohm with only 500rms. I think im going to tune to about 40hz to make up for the lack of power and try to get a little more upper end bass. i am however going to try and run the amp at 1ohm to see if it can handle it

I wouldn't tune that high if I were you........35 hz would be more acceptable

It could cause you to play songs that are under tuning, which can result in damage to your subs if you play it long enough. I.E. If you play Juice Box (37 hz) and you are tuned to 40 hz, then you are risking damage to your sub by overheating. This is why you try to tune your box lower than what music you will be listening to. If I were you, I would just sell the amp and get one that produces max power at 1 ohm if you feel as though it is not loud enough.

Ok,well my enclosure is 20" front to back, I was going to use two 6"x14" ports, someone told em that the port being that close to the back of my enclosure would give me an actual tuning of 34-35hz. is this correct? the enclosure is 38x20x18.25 subs inverted and all thread for bracing

Ok so here are the two options ive come up with, I can make the enclosure 39.5"wideX18.25HighX20"deep. I can get a 8" port in there,but that would cause me to put the subs ALL the way to the edge of the enclosure. or I can stick with the two 6" port idea. what do you guys think would be better i know going with the single 8" is more port area and will take up less air space

the larger the port the longer it has to be to tuned to the same frequency