Sign in to follow this  
c@raudi0

12" Fi Q BP power option?

running 900rms to it, should i get the bp power option? should i get it just in case i ever run more power to it?

What color is the box?

lol its grey, why does that matter? i just want to know what the BP power option is, and if i need it running 900 rms to the Fi Q. just in case i ever put more power to it or whatever

The BP power option adds extra cooling to the coil by adding a plug at the top of the pole vent to direct airflow. For 900W you don't need it, if you are thinking of upgrading to more power 1200-1500W then you may want it.

ok well for now im running 900rms to it, but eventually i want to upgrade to the Power Acoustik BAMF4000/1D, which puts out 1700rms at 2ohms. i dont know if it "actually" puts out 1700 at 2ohms, it might be more like 1400. but with that amp u think i will need it?

ok i just didnt know. because i was thinking that since i was already underpowerring at 900rms, then i got the BP option then it would be even more underpowerring. but if it just keeps it cool then why not get it for free right? lol

well i thought at first that if i got the BP option, then 900 would be underpowerring. but since its just cooling i should be fine :lol:

There is no such thing as underpowering a sub. Its a myth that someone made up.

Hence the head slap. :Doh:

Wtf! Why is the bp option free for the Q series and not SSD!

It is a promotion right now. They did it with the BL's a month or two ago.

I bought my q w/ bp power and im only running about 800-900 watts to it right now

again underpowering a sub doesn't hurt a sub in any way...mine has been running for a few weeks and its amazingly loud and working great

hopefully i will upgrade by the summer w/ a new amp

1700 might be a lil too much for the q but they can handle a lot w/ bp so i really wouldnt worry about it

lol its grey, why does that matter? i just want to know what the BP power option is, and if i need it running 900 rms to the Fi Q. just in case i ever put more power to it or whatever

You asked a meaningless question, so did I....

Nobody can tell you if you need "BP" or not... The power handling of your sytem is determained by your enclosure alignment, not by the thermal power handling of the woofer. If you are thermally limited, you designed a poor alignment that really isn't too efficient and is not appropriate for your driver....

Additionally, there is no such thing as underpowering.

900 watts is alot for any driver.

Sign in to follow this