Sign in to follow this  
Notorious97200

I want to BUY a new sub : SSA Icon 15

Hello everybody,

I made up my mind : I really want to buy the 15" SSA Icon sub.

I receive a few messages of AAron, but I am still waiting with my money burning my pockets :bigclap: I cannot order from the website because of the shipping info needed. What a pitty :Doh:

I know it will take a long time to be shipped over here in the Carribeans, but I want it, and that's it !!!

I already know what kinf of enclosure I will build : a simple 3 cu feet sealed enclosure. I would like to try it ported, but it needs more room, and I don't want to go over 3 cu ft.

If you have somme advices, I take everything! Don't worry!

whats your question ..hm ? ... just buy it , install it and have FUN :P

Hey Alain, just sent you a reply to the last email, if you have any other questions email us back. :)

Nice choice!

I just bought 2....

Compared to all the subwoofer's I've held in my own hands,

SSA builds one heck of a solid woofer!

I'm in the middle of my install and haven't actually heard them yet.

But, with the visual impression they should be louder than and better SQ

than any Fosgate sub i've heard.

And that goes for even the Power HX2 15....

Nice choice!

I just bought 2....

Compared to all the subwoofer's I've held in my own hands,

SSA builds one heck of a solid woofer!

I'm in the middle of my install and haven't actually heard them yet.

But, with the visual impression they should be louder than and better SQ

than any Fosgate sub i've heard.

And that goes for even the Power HX2 15....

If it means anything, PTS dropped RF T2 drivers for SSA Icon's. :D

I remember when he blew them and then disected the woofers....

What a piece of garbage! :poop:

Thread thin coil wire!

I was in the middle of an install with 4-15" T1's,

I kinda felt bad going through with the install after that.

Looking at them in a different light...

Just gives me a better reason to put up more solid number with my SSA's!!

I'll never switch back to R/F subs in my own installs.....

I still like their Power Series amps though....

(I duck and cover my head as I say that on here, but I'm an honest guy)

If it means anything, the DCON 12 beats my T2 10, on 1/4 the power

lols, thats a quote for the product page right there :wacky:

Ye one of my friends is doing a straight drop in from 2 T1 15's to Icon 15's. Im anxious to see the difference

Good choice on the ICON!

Good luck!

Nothing wrong with that, the big body RF powers are impressive amplifiers. I have not tried or tested the new mini's but would like to.

Ye one of my friends is doing a straight drop in from 2 T1 15's to Icon 15's. Im anxious to see the difference

It is very interesting to see how people use an SQ biased driver and how they like the performance compared to other drivers they used. The more feedback we get the better, it helps us prepare future ideas or direction. :)

If it means anything, the DCON 12 beats my T2 10, on 1/4 the power

lols, thats a quote for the product page right there :wacky:

:drink40::drink40::drink40:

Nothing wrong with that, the big body RF powers are impressive amplifiers. I have not tried or tested the new mini's but would like to.

I have the new compact models, T400-4 and a T1500-1bd,

They are very nice! Both deliver nice clean seriously under rated watts...

My T1500-1bd should power 2 Icon 15D1's nicely.

I may be able to make that comparison if I can get my bud at the meter

the same day I do mine..

He has 4- T115D2's,

if I could get him to cut power to either his left or right channel amp

I could get a fair comparison between the 2 on nearly the same rms wattage.

My bet is that the Icon's will crush the R/F's..

Agreed. I love sundown but man iv gone threw some RFs in my day and they were all good. Power series are nasty amps that are usually way underrated and you can abuse the ever living chit out of them

I've been really happy with all the Power series amp offerings. With the reasonably priced refurbs floating around they are probably some of the best bang for the buck amps you will find. The subs aren't BAD, but definitely not worth the money. Still better than a lot of the commercial offerings though.

It is very interesting to see how people use an SQ biased driver and how they like the performance compared to other drivers they used. The more feedback we get the better, it helps us prepare future ideas or direction. :)

long, low and linear excursion? :bigclap:

Hello everybody,

I receive a few messages of AAron, but I am still waiting with my money burning my pockets :bigclap: I cannot order from the website because of the shipping info needed. What a pitty :Doh:

I know it will take a long time to be shipped over here in the Carribeans, but I want it, and that's it !!!

I already know what kinf of enclosure I will build : a simple 3 cu feet sealed enclosure. I would like to try it ported, but it needs more room, and I don't want to go over 3 cu ft.

Your sub shipped out today and we sent you a nice little surprise with it. Thanks again for your business! :drink40:

Hello everybody,

Your sub shipped out today and we sent you a nice little surprise with it. Thanks again for your business! :drink40:

That is a wonderful customer service : I have to say it.

For all the forum visitors : the bosses answer all your questions DAILY !!! and seem to be happy with it !!!

I will come back to tell you when I get the sub (I think the enclosure will be ready yet).

I will be able to make a comparison with my Kicker S15L7.:) I know the Icon should give me a lot more SQ, but I don't know yet about the output.

If it as good as you all say, I will not be the only one to have this sub in my country : I will order a few more !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for everything !

Hello everybody,

For all the forum visitors : the bosses answer all your questions DAILY !!! and seem to be happy with it !!!

I will come back to tell you when I get the sub (I think the enclosure will be ready yet).

I will be able to make a comparison with my Kicker S15L7.:) I know the Icon should give me a lot more SQ, but I don't know yet about the output.

If it as good as you all say, I will not be the only one to have this sub in my country : I will order a few more !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for everything !

I do! hehe

Hello everybody,

Thanks for everything !

Thanks for picking the Icon. :)

looks like a lot of people are drop RF subs for icons wow. never heard a rf sub thank god.

make sure u get some pics up!