Sign in to follow this  
windex_tundra

What are the plans for the RL-i8 ?

Are there any plans for a new rl-i8, or even to start production of the old one?

I know i'm not the only person interested in this information as i see lots of people inquire about them on the different forums.

-v

One thing I'd like to see is a bigger/wider lip of the sub itself in order to have mounting room. I'm sure Mike is well aware of this as I have told him myself. Keep everything else the same tho!!!!

Yep. The major delay is the fact that I already piled in a substantial sum of money on deposit for a couple hundred drivers (RL-p18's and RL-i8's), only a month before TC went bankrupt. Bad timing on my part, and I do understand that there are other build houses available to build my products; but given that this business isn't hugely profitable for me (it is one of several businesses I'm involved with), it doesn't make sense to go and invest more capital at this point.

Therefore, I am at the mercy of Thilo's (lead engineer from TC Sounds/Audiopulse) negotiations with a new overseas build house to finish production on my open order which will be completed in batch with a separate Audiopulse order. I haven't written it off, as I am confident that the order will ultimately come through... but the time frame is nearly impossible to predict, as there have been various cash flow and supply issues, not to mention the slow process of container shipping from another continent.

Once the order arrives, I will make a decision as to whether or not I wish to place additional orders (dependent upon product quality and subsequent demand over the following few months), or if I should look for another producer... or even if I should simply take a bow, say thanks for the good times and focus on the myriad other things going on in life.

Hard to say how it will all play out, but I am fully expecting another run of 8's and 18's to arrive in the not so terribly distant future. When exactly this transpires is unknown, but one thing is for certain; I'm still here, I still have some limited inventory on hand, I am still responding to all customer inquiries and will continue to provide responsive service to my customers.