creatormass

New England SPL Competitions

So far we have eight New England SPL events, and we'll also be hosting a couple 1X Db Drags/Bass Race shows. Not to mention USACi will also be hosting several competitions in the Northeast. So far we have:

April 26th - USACi - Meriden CT

May 10th - NESPL - Tewksbury Mass

May 17th - USACi - Wallingford CT

May 31st - Db Drags - Sanford Maine

June 7th - NESPL - Weymouth Mass

June 13th - NESPL - Rocky Hill CT

June 20th - NESPL - Epping NH

July 12th - NESPL - Boston Mass

July 26th - NESPL - Sanford Maine

Aug 29th - NESPL - Epping NH

Oct 24th - NESPL - Epping NH

There are still many more in the works as the season hasn't even begun yet, Check out our website for more details on each of these shows.

New England SPL

Edited by SPL Blazer

3 more added at boomers in nashua nh dates june 27th, aug 8th, sept 12th. these shows will all be night shows starting at 7pm.

3 more added at boomers in nashua nh dates june 27th, aug 8th, sept 12th. these shows will all be night shows starting at 7pm.

These shows will start at 7pm and will also have Sound Quality judging available.

One week to go before the 2009 season get's under way. We have a new format being introduced, Slammin Bass will be run at the first show of the season on May 10th. All the details of this new Format are on the website. If you like Street Beats, Bass Boxing or Bass Race, then this new format is for you.

NESPL

Been a while since I updated anything, but we're up to 15 NESPL shows so far and should see a few more added before the end of the season. Not to mention any dB Drags shows we'll be hosting.

happy to find some people on here from new england. i want to go to the boston event in july so hopefully i have everything hooked up by then. even if i don't i still want to go and check it all out. hope it'll be fun and a ood learning expirence. worth the drive?

Edited by mbarber25

happy to find some people on here from new england. i want to go to the boston event in july so hopefully i have everything hooked up by then. even if i don't i still want to go and check it all out. hope it'll be fun and a ood learning expirence. worth the drive?

I went to the last 2 shows June 20th n 27th and they were a blast! He really puts on a great, smooth running comp.! Not only is he friendly and easy to talk 2, but so were all tthe other bassheads! there are some crazy installs/cars there that alone make the trip worth it! Hope to see you @ the Boston event and GL! I will def. be @ every event he has!

I went to the last 2 shows June 20th n 27th and they were a blast! He really puts on a great, smooth running comp.! Not only is he friendly and easy to talk 2, but so were all tthe other bassheads! there are some crazy installs/cars there that alone make the trip worth it! Hope to see you @ the Boston event and GL! I will def. be @ every event he has!

ok that's good to hear! :wacky: definately (as of now) going to make the trip. can't wait to see all of the crazy installs like the ones on here lol. hoping to learn some things when i'm there. right around the corner if you think about it :D GL to you also. are you competing?

We're hoping to see a decent turnout for the Boston show. We have trophies for 1st thru 3rd in all SPL classes and the Slammin Bass format as well. For those taking 1st place in the SPL format we also picked up some NESPL t-shirts to hand out along with the trophies.

The car club running the show picked a decent location too, it's a block away from the Boston Police HQ and easily accessible from Rt 93. They have parking for over 600 cars, and with car clubs coming in from all over New England, NY and possibly NJ this ones gonna be huge. If any of you have a system then it will be worth it to come check out the show. We have two Amateur classes for those that haven't competed before, one with a 1000 watt limit and one with a 2000 watt limit. For those with more you'd be in the Stock classes. Hope to see a lot of new faces for this one.

For any of you in New England and also on Myspace, feel free to add us to your friends list, as we post updates often on there and not on here.

New England SPL - MySpace

If anyone's looking to have a box made, one of the NESPL competitors that was recently laid off will be at the show and will be taking orders for sub enclosures. He's making them custom, and will build daily pounders, or competition enclosures. If you've been to one of our comps this season then you've seen his octogon box with the single DC 15" sub, it's one of the loudest single 15" set up's in New England. He'll be set up right next to us this coming Sunday at our Boston show, feel free to hit him up for a quote.

If anyone's looking to have a box made, one of the NESPL competitors that was recently laid off will be at the show and will be taking orders for sub enclosures. He's making them custom, and will build daily pounders, or competition enclosures. If you've been to one of our comps this season then you've seen his octogon box with the single DC 15" sub, it's one of the loudest single 15" set up's in New England. He'll be set up right next to us this coming Sunday at our Boston show, feel free to hit him up for a quote.

ohhh too bad i already have a box ;) ...but what's the price to get in as a spectator? i saw a couple prices but want to make sure.. i'm excited to see all these damn cars!

ohhh too bad i already have a box ;) ...but what's the price to get in as a spectator? i saw a couple prices but want to make sure.. i'm excited to see all these damn cars!

There are no entry fee's for spectators, they're only charging to compete.

ok that's good to hear! :wacky: definately (as of now) going to make the trip. can't wait to see all of the crazy installs like the ones on here lol. hoping to learn some things when i'm there. right around the corner if you think about it :D GL to you also. are you competing?

Oh ya I'll be competing N TX for the GL, I'll be the red scion tc w/ soundstream subs hopefully I get my shipment (UPS has a few goodies to get me finally powered properly for my class as I have been competing in the amature 2 class a 2000w group with my little 800w amp woot woot!)

Thabks again to NESPL for all tyhe great shows he has been running. Thanks to him SPL comps are back in the north east

There are no entry fee's for spectators, they're only charging to compete.

thanks

Oh ya I'll be competing N TX for the GL, I'll be the red scion tc w/ soundstream subs hopefully I get my shipment (UPS has a few goodies to get me finally powered properly for my class as I have been competing in the amature 2 class a 2000w group with my little 800w amp woot woot!)

Thabks again to NESPL for all tyhe great shows he has been running. Thanks to him SPL comps are back in the north east

if i go i'll keep an eye out but that's if i can find coverage for work... and i doubt i'll be able to get it :/

The weather is looking pretty nice for Sunday, should be 80 degrees and partly cloudy.......and NO RAIN!!!!!!!

let's go boys!

got coverage.. i'll keep an eye out.. me and my boy are gunna head down there for around 12.. didn't get my sub so nothing to show off really

i'll be lurkin though. good luck in your comps

I want to thank NESPL for putting on a great event Sunday @ the New Look Show in Bean town. Especially for making sure his trophy winners got their hardware, the Boston PD ended up shutting down the show early (I think becuase it was too crowded they said, it was a huge show) so they tried to tell him that he couldn't give out trophies! pretty weak huh, so he had a quick "silent award presentation". He took care of his competiters and made sure we got taken care of @ a little risk to himself. He def. didn't have to do that but he did anyways and all the winners there owe him a big thanks! You the man D! Also thanks for the 1st place trophy and t-shirt woot woot!

He takes care of his guys! So anyone considering attending one or all of his events stop thinking about it and do it, you won't be dissapointed not only is he a great guy but he puts on a great show. There is a reason that he has a core of several guys that follow him to every event no matter what state the event is in or what state the competiter is from! Thanks for everything!

-Bill G.

Edited by SPLScion

I want to thank NESPL for putting on a great event Sunday @ the New Look Show in Bean town. Especially for making sure his trophy winners got their hardware, the Boston PD ended up shutting down the show early (I think becuase it was too crowded they said, it was a huge show) so they tried to tell him that he couldn't give out trophies! pretty weak huh, so he had a quick "silent award presentation". He took care of his competiters and made sure we got taken care of @ a little risk to himself. He def. didn't have to do that but he did anyways and all the winners there owe him a big thanks! You the man D! Also thanks for the 1st place trophy and t-shirt woot woot!

He takes care of his guys! So anyone considering attending one or all of his events stop thinking about it and do it, you won't be dissapointed not only is he a great guy but he puts on a great show. There is a reason that he has a core of several guys that follow him to every event no matter what state the event is in or what state the competiter is from! Thanks for everything!

-Bill G.

Thanks for the good words bill. The show was actually shutdown for a better reason. In a span of 10-15 minutes there were 3 fights, one involved beer bottles being thrown and another one had someone pull out a gun. Once that happened the police stepped in and ordered the parking lot cleared. NESPL got lucky and managed to get our trophies to hand out, but the guys from Team New Look that were running the show got seriously screwed. They had a couple hundred trophies to hand out, which they couldn't. And then they had a mob of angry arsehos yelling about t not getting trophies and demanding their money back. From a financial point this show wasn't profitable for NESPL, but it was a good time and it was great to see people come out and have fun, so it was worth it. Team New Look on the other hand lost thousands of dollars because of the actions of a few people, between the cost of all those trophies, the parking lot rental fee's and many other things, those guys lost well over $5000. Team New Look had a few guys and ladies that used to compete last season in the Amateur classes, and win. So it really sucks to hear about the other side of this show. I saw the New Look Prez when we were leaving and he seriously looked like he was gonna cry, they put so much into the show. I'm sure they'll do another one next season, but in a different area.

Oh snap! :WTFBubble: is wrong with people! That explains why alot of people were all sketched out and why everyone was in such a rush to get the heck out of there, I just thought the cops were being aggressive, appanrently it was some of the crowd being :stooges: Sorry to hear that Team New Look had it go like that and ended up losing when by the number and caliber of show cars it should have been a success. It esp. sucks that a small number of people faq'd it up for sooo many others. That said it was'nt exactly in the best part of town, but as I have learned the hard way that kind of chit can happen any where (I was jumped by 8 guys and stabbed in broad daylight in Portsmouth, NH years ago), not to mention that it gives us all a black-eye to the general public who may not realize that most the people that attend events like this are really good people.

Now I am even more impressed that you got your trophies out, under the circumstances I would have completely understood if you pulled the plug and gave the trophies out @ your next event or not @ all or w/e, so thanks again.

Hopefully the next event will end up better for you profit wise, cuz you deserve it to. If there's anything I can do to help just let me know, anything you need me to do I will. For example: I have friends @ several car audio shops in my area that I am sure I could get to put fliers in there shop advertising it, if you want me to do that send me an email of a flyer and I'll print some up (I got a sick printer) and make that happen. here's my email if you want to do that or anything else willnchips@yahoo.com , It would be a pleasure to help out anyway you need.

I'm waiting to hear from the New Look Prez, I talked to him yesterday and he told me he got suspended from work and has a meeting with them today to decide if they will fire him, all because of the end result of the car show. That really sux, he works for Wentworth University and they owned the parking lots that the show was in. Apparently the fight that got the show shut down was between spectators and not with people part of the car show, but because it happened there everyone including myself assumed that it involved people from the various car clubs.

They're gonna do another show next year regardless, but he said they'll do it outside of the city.

that's a good idea to do it outside of the city..

i'm going to the raynham show also and this time i will be entering it.. i just wanna see what i'm gunna be hitting