creatormass

New England SPL Competitions

No hints, you'll have to wait til the show. But here's a pic of the big trophies for the Top Amateur, Stock and Top Team that we'll be giving out at the Jammin show. The 50" in the middle is for the Top Team, and the 48" ones are for the Top Amateur and Top Stock Class competitors.

Trophies.jpg

No hints, you'll have to wait til the show. But here's a pic of the big trophies for the Top Amateur, Stock and Top Team that we'll be giving out at the Jammin show. The 50" in the middle is for the Top Team, and the 48" ones are for the Top Amateur and Top Stock Class competitors.

Trophies.jpg

Wow that trophys going to look awesome on my mantle, SPLSCION aka bill lol i might let u hold it for a brief second haha, maybe even a minute lol,

Trophies.jpg

Wow that trophys going to look awesome on my mantle, SPLSCION aka bill lol i might let u hold it for a brief second haha, maybe even a minute lol,

Kyle you impress only your self, all that matters to me, or any true bass head, is how loud I am and am getting, which last I checked on NESPL's result's page was alot louder then you. Trophies come and go, they break they collect dust they get lost or stolen, but beating my own last decible score every week is all I need to prove my dedication to SPL. Besides, the seasons not over yet, and even IF you do manage to edge me in most improved I can be one of the 1st people you thank for helping you get much louder. Its never good to act like you have won something before you have attained it, for all you know you go to make your run and you'll blow all subs again, or you'll be suprised by how good you do or don't, but karma or Murphy's Law or w/e you want to call it has a way of catching up with ya, it always does me.

Guess thats what I guess for always offering you helpful advice and doing everything I can to help you, my fellow club member to get louder all season.

Me I don't like to talk ch*t, I like to let my record and results speak for me and my system.

-Bill

Edited by SPLScion

bill touchy subject lol huh, i am not giving myself the win already i know there are many factors into, it but my mod-ow it to Always want to win, because once you succumb to losing you will never win, and it goes both ways dude i have been at many car shows where i was over Ur car giving you tips on how to get louder and stuff, we both have helped each other, i kno that anything is possible in spl, trophies are not important to me either i like gettint louder all my trophies go into my basement on a shelf i wanna get louder and thats my goal we are both very dedicated to spl, an u says Ur alot louder then me k if i had a scion tc i would be alot louder to smaller car, and yeah ive asked you for some advice but thats because youve been doing this for 10 years and this is my first, and basically most of the questions were about that amp, but yeah i guess this is a little touchy subject for ya i was joking like i have all year dude calm down lol hahaha but yeah ur stuff should come in today, so next year we will hopefully do really good in stock 3 & 4, i should have about 5 batteries by then to handle those sundowns

bill touchy subject lol huh, i am not giving myself the win already i know there are many factors into, it but my mod-ow it to Always want to win, because once you succumb to losing you will never win, and it goes both ways dude i have been at many car shows where i was over Ur car giving you tips on how to get louder and stuff, we both have helped each other, i kno that anything is possible in spl, trophies are not important to me either i like gettint louder all my trophies go into my basement on a shelf i wanna get louder and thats my goal we are both very dedicated to spl, an u says Ur alot louder then me k if i had a scion tc i would be alot louder to smaller car, and yeah ive asked you for some advice but thats because youve been doing this for 10 years and this is my first, and basically most of the questions were about that amp, but yeah i guess this is a little touchy subject for ya i was joking like i have all year dude calm down lol hahaha but yeah ur stuff should come in today, so next year we will hopefully do really good in stock 3 & 4, i should have about 5 batteries by then to handle those sundowns

Not a touchy subject in the least lol, how many times have I told you that all that mattered to me was that one of us won it? alot. What does get me touchy is when a friend basically calls me out in a public forum, a forum I happen to respect the members of, really how'd you expect me to react? Joking privately between each other is totally diff. then being treated like a beotch in public. Besides, really think about it, how much trash have I really talked to you? None, I've told you that I am going to make it difficult 4 you to win but haven't actually talked chit to you.

Your motto, never giving up always wanting to win is very different then acting like you have already won, If you gave up I would be horrified and puzzled. Do you really believe I am loud just because I have a TC? I was louder in my blazer, but I would be loud no matter what vehicle I owned.

As far as helping and being helped, all that is gravy man, I've helped alot of people this year and have been helped even more. I like to help people and help this "sport" grow as much as I can. I def. wasn't questioning your dedication I was merely pointing out mine.

In the end this will all end up making us both louder and thats what its all about right. Next year we and our club will be a force to not be faq'd with, in the league and on the streets.

Edited by SPLScion

Just so ya know any help I can offer ya to get louder feel free to ask, been willing to help all season and that won't change now or in the future. We are friends and will remain so through thick and thin, as it should be. Maybe it seemed like I was P.O'd but I am not, just was responding to ya :-)

i dont think ur loud juss cause ur in a tc, vans are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to make loud u kno lol haha but next year i will b walled i have decided so over the winter i will b walling it so i will have before the start of next season it will be awesome we wil b a force to reckon with next year for sure eastern connections auto club will b awesome, if i do wall it i will b in keith and mike class which will b really hard to win, stock 4 i like i cant wait to do it

i dont think ur loud juss cause ur in a tc, vans are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to make loud u kno lol haha but next year i will b walled i have decided so over the winter i will b walling it so i will have before the start of next season it will be awesome we wil b a force to reckon with next year for sure eastern connections auto club will b awesome, if i do wall it i will b in keith and mike class which will b really hard to win, stock 4 i like i cant wait to do it

NICE you decided to wall! Been hoping you'd give in and do it up, will take a ton of testing but you'll finally get to unleash the potential of your Van. I am getting a meter this off season, we will have to do a bunch of testing. Check out shizzons build log for some ideas and a show of the testing needed. Will be fun. It will be a brutal class for sure next year, but I know you are willing to put in the time it will require to do it right.

I also have some links of a bunch of vans walled to give ya some idea's if you want I can shoot you them. Walls that you can walk behind through the port and what not, sick stuff.

Thats cool that you wanna build a wall Kyle. BUT, it's going to VERY expensive to do it right. If you want to do that class with a wall, you're going to need to run four 18's, and at least 10,000 watts to each sub, and on 16 volts. Having a minimum of four batteries for each amp will be a good start. Basically, your looking to spend at least $10,000 on equipment, airbag suspension and wood to run that class, thats to start. It's definitely a great thing to do with a van, you'll be able to do some nasty hair tricks with a set up like that. The Team 420 guys will be your best bet for advice on walls, they build some of the best walls out there.

There might actually be a walled van already built for 4 18's for sale in New England. It's said to be the best wall 420 ever made, and has been proven to hit numbers in the low to mid 160's on 14 volts. Might be cheaper than doing the wall on your own.

Thats cool that you wanna build a wall Kyle. BUT, it's going to VERY expensive to do it right. If you want to do that class with a wall, you're going to need to run four 18's, and at least 10,000 watts to each sub, and on 16 volts. Having a minimum of four batteries for each amp will be a good start. Basically, your looking to spend at least $10,000 on equipment, airbag suspension and wood to run that class, thats to start. It's definitely a great thing to do with a van, you'll be able to do some nasty hair tricks with a set up like that. The Team 420 guys will be your best bet for advice on walls, they build some of the best walls out there.

There might actually be a walled van already built for 4 18's for sale in New England. It's said to be the best wall 420 ever made, and has been proven to hit numbers in the low to mid 160's on 14 volts. Might be cheaper than doing the wall on your own.

yeah i havent really made up my mind yet on the wall if i do it it prob wont b for a few years i will be in stock 4 for the next few years, i think but i am having dave build me another box for my van for stock 4 so i will have m 4 kicker but i will also have one dc audio 18" level 5 with 4000 watts running to it it should deff b loud with that much cone area, but yeah a wall is something i want to do ut it wont b for a while i decided that today i have only done this for a year, im not ready for that yet i want to do stock 4 for a lil while you kno

It's looking like we'll be adding one more show to the line up before the season ends. There's going to be a car show out in Chicopee Mass on Oct 11th, it's a Sunday. We'll be there running the SPL as usual. I'll have the details on the website soon.

I've noticed that the only major car audio competition Orgs that really hold shows here in New England are USACi and dB Drags. I ran one dB drags show in Maine, and USACi has only maybe 4 shows this season in New England. New England SPL has run 10 shows so far, with 6 more to go. These are the numbers I was expecting to see from USACi and Drags this year, not just from NESPL. Can't wait to see what next year brings for SPL in New England.

It's looking like we'll be adding one more show to the line up before the season ends. There's going to be a car show out in Chicopee Mass on Oct 11th, it's a Sunday. We'll be there running the SPL as usual. I'll have the details on the website soon.

I've noticed that the only major car audio competition Orgs that really hold shows here in New England are USACi and dB Drags. I ran one dB drags show in Maine, and USACi has only maybe 4 shows this season in New England. New England SPL has run 10 shows so far, with 6 more to go. These are the numbers I was expecting to see from USACi and Drags this year, not just from NESPL. Can't wait to see what next year brings for SPL in New England.

dude i will be there just got the day off that will b my debut into stock 4 and yeah next year i can not wait for the turn out it should b huge my team will b 8 people deep at every show next year, were aiming for that club participation next year, and afe of us will have more then one vehicle lol i am gettin a crx over the winter i cant wait, and that will have a huge system in it by next year i cant wait going for 155 lol so next year we all are really excited for i have been trying to get my local shop that does all my work to throw acar show and have them get u to do the sound comp i kno last time they did a show was like 4 years ago and perillo was there

This coming Sunday, September 6th we'll be in Tewksbury Mass at AudioWerks. Registration begins at 11am, we'll be running both SPL and Slammin Bass for those that want to try both formats.

You know I'll be there, can't wait, it feels like forever since the last event thanks to the rain.

going to try my best to get there since it's probably the last one I'll be to get to until next season. looking forward to every event next year though. I think you guys will be surprised in the improvements since the raynham event ;)

going to try my best to get there since it's probably the last one I'll be to get to until next season. looking forward to every event next year though. I think you guys will be surprised in the improvements since the raynham event ;)

hey whats up m barber do you still have your set up wired down to 4 ohm

No he got a deka and is at 1 ohm now.

Marcus I really hope to see you there man, I know you mentioned a while back you planned to, DEF. come to this! got a little suprise for you as well, we'll both be blown away by the improvements i thinks ;-) Got a few ideas for ya as well, but will have to show up to find out muhaha

No he got a deka and is at 1 ohm now.

Marcus I really hope to see you there man, I know you mentioned a while back you planned to, DEF. come to this! got a little suprise for you as well, we'll both be blown away by the improvements i thinks ;-) Got a few ideas for ya as well, but will have to show up to find out muhaha

nice so why is this show going to b his last one dude hes got a sick setup

can't really answer for him but I am prety sure cuz of school and football he won't have anytime on weekends. I agree he has a bada** setup.He's going to crush his last score.

can't really answer for him but I am prety sure cuz of school and football he won't have anytime on weekends. I agree he has a bada** setup.He's going to crush his last score.

hell yeah he will that set-up is going to hit 145 easy

hell yeah he will that set-up is going to hit 145 easy

i cant wait till i get a smaller vehicle lol

I dunno its possible, remember he is in a trunk.

Almost forgot he works too, busy guy, but between the 3 of those things I can understand why this would be his last chance to hit up a comp., which is why I really hope he makes it out!

I dunno its possible, remember he is in a trunk.

Almost forgot he works too, busy guy, but between the 3 of those things I can understand why this would be his last chance to hit up a comp., which is why I really hope he makes it out!

yeah but doesnt his back seat fol down dude that opens the trunk rite up, i wish i could make it out for the tewksbury show my next one will b the 12th i will b going to tjs show then the boomer one lots of driving but a show that offers 5 bucks every 2 runs means cheap testing for some one that doesnt have a meter you kno

dude, he hit a 136.8 @ Raynam, you think doubling his power will add 8-9 db? LOLOL trippling power won't do that likely, yes he added a battery in back, and that'll help alot however its in his trunk, right in the spot where we moved his box to get him that loud. I could go on and on but I think you get the point. Ask anyone with a trunk merely folding the seats down don't gain you 10 db's. Besides he had the seats down @ Raynam too. Now if he was keeping the car (he plans on getting an SUV next year I believe) then he could wall his sub in the opening and seal it up like Thorshammer and then talk about how he can hit 145+

I just don't want him to read this see you say how he should easily hit 145 and then be like WTF when he doesn't. Be like me Marcus, exspect very little and be pleasantly suprised when you CRUSH the meter, don't expect a big number and be dissapointed 'cuz you expected too much. Think about all you had to do to get in the 142's from your 138 Kyle, you dropped mad cash. Think about what I had to do to get to 145+ ALOT of tuning and new enclosure and a long list of chit. Dynamat, wire upgrades, battery, testing testing and more testing and more upgrades.

All that said, I hope he does hit 145, would be very proud of him. I am sure I'll be impressed with the changes he has made irrelevant of what number he hits, cuz it will be a solid jump from his last score which is what its all about. Plus he's doing it the right way, he didn't wire the amp down before his electrical was ready and he reads chit hear almost daily to learn, I respect him for that (and for how he keeps his priorities str8, something hard to do at his age, was for me ayways)

Marcus: come out this weekend man, will be a blast, besides looks like we have some wagering about to be going on about what # your gonna be putting up. Plus BOTH formats this weekend, down for a little slamming bass? You should do real well in your bass race class, we'll be in different classes for that, I am in SB3 and I believe you'll be in SB2