creatormass

New England SPL Competitions

dude, he hit a 136.8 @ Raynam, you think doubling his power will add 8-9 db? LOLOL trippling power won't do that likely, yes he added a battery in back, and that'll help alot however its in his trunk, right in the spot where we moved his box to get him that loud. I could go on and on but I think you get the point. Ask anyone with a trunk merely folding the seats down don't gain you 10 db's. Besides he had the seats down @ Raynam too. Now if he was keeping the car (he plans on getting an SUV next year I believe) then he could wall his sub in the opening and seal it up like Thorshammer and then talk about how he can hit 145+

I just don't want him to read this see you say how he should easily hit 145 and then be like WTF when he doesn't. Be like me Marcus, exspect very little and be pleasantly suprised when you CRUSH the meter, don't expect a big number and be dissapointed 'cuz you expected too much. Think about all you had to do to get in the 142's from your 138 Kyle, you dropped mad cash. Think about what I had to do to get to 145+ ALOT of tuning and new enclosure and a long list of chit. Dynamat, wire upgrades, battery, testing testing and more testing and more upgrades.

All that said, I hope he does hit 145, would be very proud of him. I am sure I'll be impressed with the changes he has made irrelevant of what number he hits, cuz it will be a solid jump from his last score which is what its all about. Plus he's doing it the right way, he didn't wire the amp down before his electrical was ready and he reads chit hear almost daily to learn, I respect him for that (and for how he keeps his priorities str8, something hard to do at his age, was for me ayways)

Marcus: come out this weekend man, will be a blast, besides looks like we have some wagering about to be going on about what # your gonna be putting up. Plus BOTH formats this weekend, down for a little slamming bass? You should do real well in your bass race class, we'll be in different classes for that, I am in SB3 and I believe you'll be in SB2

dude, he hit a 136.8 @ Raynam, you think doubling his power will add 8-9 db? LOLOL trippling power won't do that likely, yes he added a battery in back, and that'll help alot however its in his trunk, right in the spot where we moved his box to get him that loud. I could go on and on but I think you get the point. Ask anyone with a trunk merely folding the seats down don't gain you 10 db's. Besides he had the seats down @ Raynam too. Now if he was keeping the car (he plans on getting an SUV next year I believe) then he could wall his sub in the opening and seal it up like Thorshammer and then talk about how he can hit 145+

I just don't want him to read this see you say how he should easily hit 145 and then be like WTF when he doesn't. Be like me Marcus, exspect very little and be pleasantly suprised when you CRUSH the meter, don't expect a big number and be dissapointed 'cuz you expected too much. Think about all you had to do to get in the 142's from your 138 Kyle, you dropped mad cash. Think about what I had to do to get to 145+ ALOT of tuning and new enclosure and a long list of chit. Dynamat, wire upgrades, battery, testing testing and more testing and more upgrades.

All that said, I hope he does hit 145, would be very proud of him. I am sure I'll be impressed with the changes he has made irrelevant of what number he hits, cuz it will be a solid jump from his last score which is what its all about. Plus he's doing it the right way, he didn't wire the amp down before his electrical was ready and he reads chit hear almost daily to learn, I respect him for that (and for how he keeps his priorities str8, something hard to do at his age, was for me ayways)

Marcus: come out this weekend man, will be a blast, besides looks like we have some wagering about to be going on about what # your gonna be putting up. Plus BOTH formats this weekend, down for a little slamming bass? You should do real well in your bass race class, we'll be in different classes for that, I am in SB3 and I believe you'll be in SB2

i didnt say that he would deff bust it but with the propber tuning and everything it could b possible with that setup basically, hey daves cavy is hitting 145 now with daves box 1500 watts and 1 battery

i didnt say that he would deff bust it but with the propber tuning and everything it could b possible with that setup basically, hey daves cavy is hitting 145 now with daves box 1500 watts and 1 battery

but im not taking anything away from your 145 bill but vans are so hard to get loud you kno cause so much air space, but its the only vehicle ive ever done spl in i ccant wait for my second car so i can see how much different it will b to get loud everyone ive spoken to says that its a huge difference beteen a van and a car, but its sweet me and you have both improved dramatically this season it is awesome i cant wait till next year, wen we will b even better

but im not taking anything away from your 145 bill but vans are so hard to get loud you kno cause so much air space, but its the only vehicle ive ever done spl in i ccant wait for my second car so i can see how much different it will b to get loud everyone ive spoken to says that its a huge difference beteen a van and a car, but its sweet me and you have both improved dramatically this season it is awesome i cant wait till next year, wen we will b even better

what are you talking about dude? I wasn't saying ANYTHING about your van, I was talking about Marcus' trunked car. Only thing I said about your car was think how hard it was FOR BOTH OF US to get any where near 145 on the new termlab, how much we both had to change and improve, how'd this get to be about you bro?

ya a trunked car can get to 145 but dave has more cone area then marcus and a smaller car, and he has alot more testing.

I only have 1300 watts currently, soon to be more

haha seems like I've missed a couple things while I was out today lol

but I'm almost 100% sure I'll be heading up to Tewksbury this weekend so I'll be seeing you there Bill.

there's still a couple odds and ends I still haven't tied up but I really have no time haha. but I'm pretty damn sure I'll be in the 40's this time. I wish I would hit a 145 but I'll be happy with a 141. with all the impedance rise and shit I don't think I'm seeing full potential out of my amp. and my electrical isn't set either. a high output alt would do me good but the prices are crazy.

but all I can do now is prepare and hope for the best. :)

-Marcus

haha ya you sparked all kinds of discussion. I would be shocked if you don't hit the 40's!! I'll be there early so we can do some fiddling if yu like to get ya maximized ;-)

Looking forward to seeing ya there man, btw I would have never guessed your age, realized it when I read your build log after Raynam. Mean that in a god way, you carry yourself well my man.

See ya Sunday,

-Bill

haha ya you sparked all kinds of discussion. I would be shocked if you don't hit the 40's!! I'll be there early so we can do some fiddling if yu like to get ya maximized ;-)

Looking forward to seeing ya there man, btw I would have never guessed your age, realized it when I read your build log after Raynam. Mean that in a god way, you carry yourself well my man.

See ya Sunday,

-Bill

how early is early? because that sounds good haha

and thanks that's good to hear

-Marcus

I'll prob. be there around 9:45-10 the absolute latest. I'll PM you my cell incase you have any problems finding it. Not that I have been there before but Iam good with a map :-)

Should be pretty easy to find, coming off rte 95/128 it 's 6.7 miles on the left, it's right on Main st/Rte 38.

Should be pretty easy to find, coming off rte 95/128 it 's 6.7 miles on the left, it's right on Main st/Rte 38.

Damn i wish i could go to the tewksbury show, i wanna get my new high certified, i will definatley b at the boomer show, i found the perfect song for my box cant wait to debut my box at a nespl show, so splblazer u going to tjs show before setting up for boomer,

so splblazer u going to tjs show before setting up for boomer,

not a chance, I have a wedding to go to that afternoon so I'll be way too busy for that show. I won't be competing again til the Slapshow in Manchester NH on the 20th.

so splblazer u going to tjs show before setting up for boomer,

not a chance, I have a wedding to go to that afternoon so I'll be way too busy for that show. I won't be competing again til the Slapshow in Manchester NH on the 20th.

o yeah i think i remember u saying that but yeah nashua i cant wait first nespl event, in a while, sucks when u blow up all ur shit lol but yeah the 20th is the team crompton show i have to work the awesome big e that day in springfield it sucks but i'd rather do the nespl shows then any other, i had a choice the 20th or the 27th and of course the 27th for nespl is going to b huge, but yeah see u in nashua

Donuts and coffee right across the street too :)

See ya there homies!

Ya brotha! Thats good info my traveling partner will be happy to hear that. Can't wait, so I am to assume your going to be in the 150's now right? Don't answer that I want it to be a suprise. I'll make sure to tell the retard you loaned out your test disk to bring it to the show, oh wait thats me! & you didn't loan it I accidentally jacked it! Doh!

btw to anyone in the North East, the man I quoted here is THE MAN when it comes to enclosure design and fabrication. He's built enclosures for almost all of my fellow club members including myself (as well as many other competetors) and all of us got instantly loud! He builds one of a kind enclosure to boot. Want to be loud AND unique? He is the MAN! And his prices are crazy! I'll prob. never build another enclosure myself, cuz now I know him! Glad to see you posting here bro, this is a great site!

OK back on track in this thread (sorry but I had to say all that) Alot of personal high scores gonna be posted at this show! It feels like an eternity since last NESPL event, thanks to the rain its been about a month!! Weak, thanks for nothing mother nature!

btw Tuscon, I found a new "old song" that hits great in my ride, doubt it hits higher then what we tested but its close. I'll have to use it on my 2nd run perhaps, sure you'll be familiar with it. Finally NESPL is back in full swing, street beat happening too, sickness! Been since Sanford for that!

Hey Mr. Barber you change that 99.9% to a 100% for tom.? Your coming right? Gonna be a good one to hit up.

Hey Mr. Barber you change that 99.9% to a 100% for tom.? Your coming right? Gonna be a good one to hit up.

mannn.. idk.. my friend that was gunna go with me bailed and it's kind of a far trip for me i guess and i dont really wanna go alone.. and i could also get to sleep in ;)

but i realllyy wanna go..

is this strictly just an spl event or is there a car show also?

tell me something that give me the motivation to go. lol

See ya there homies!

Ya brotha! Thats good info my traveling partner will be happy to hear that. Can't wait, so I am to assume your going to be in the 150's now right? Don't answer that I want it to be a suprise. I'll make sure to tell the retard you loaned out your test disk to bring it to the show, oh wait thats me! & you didn't loan it I accidentally jacked it! Doh!

btw to anyone in the North East, the man I quoted here is THE MAN when it comes to enclosure design and fabrication. He's built enclosures for almost all of my fellow club members including myself (as well as many other competetors) and all of us got instantly loud! He builds one of a kind enclosure to boot. Want to be loud AND unique? He is the MAN! And his prices are crazy! I'll prob. never build another enclosure myself, cuz now I know him! Glad to see you posting here bro, this is a great site!

OK back on track in this thread (sorry but I had to say all that) Alot of personal high scores gonna be posted at this show! It feels like an eternity since last NESPL event, thanks to the rain its been about a month!! Weak, thanks for nothing mother nature!

btw Tuscon, I found a new "old song" that hits great in my ride, doubt it hits higher then what we tested but its close. I'll have to use it on my 2nd run perhaps, sure you'll be familiar with it. Finally NESPL is back in full swing, street beat happening too, sickness! Been since Sanford for that!

dude... my friend that was gunna go with me just bailed.. ledgit 10 minutes ago... and its a far trip and didnt wanna drive by myself haha... and plus i could sleep in now ;)

but is this one strictly spl or is there a car show part also?

tell me something that will motivate me to go. lol

EDIT

my bad on posting twice... something went wrong so i had to retype..but i guess it worked

Edited by mbarber25

See ya there homies!

dude... my friend that was gunna go with me just bailed.. ledgit 10 minutes ago... and its a far trip and didnt wanna drive by myself haha... and plus i could sleep in now ;)

Go for the love of the sport! Enjoy hanging with some friends and soak up everything ya can to put into your own build. !

Have I been reading right that it's easier to get a trunk loud than a van?

See ya there homies!

Go for the love of the sport! Enjoy hanging with some friends and soak up everything ya can to put into your own build. !

Have I been reading right that it's easier to get a trunk loud than a van?

haha i know i know thats whats making me still want to go anyways... just got a lot going on

Motivation, hmmm IDK if its a car show too, so since the right answer for you is yes, I'll say yes! lol Friend bailed huh, my 15's are the only friends I'll ever need! Friends FTL (for the loss) they let ya down 99% of the time hopefully you wont have to learn that the hard way. How ever your subs shouldn't let ya down ever (esp. the brand you got) unless you abuse them.

You could still sleep in, show doesn't get rolling till noon reg. starts @ 11, but you can come late still getting your beauty sleep. He's running both formats tom. so you get twice the chances for a trophy, plus you'd be in a pretty "quiet" class having only one sub, think you's be in slammin' Bass 2, bet you'd crush that class now that your wired down properly.

This show will be way bigger then the Raynam show I can promise you that, so there's some motivation. here's a link to pics. of the 1st one, http://www.newenglandspl.com/modern_corporate_017.htm there will be alot more there then the 1st event, as it was the 1st of the year.

hmm motivation, if you go I won't make fun of you? :turkey:

How about this, I heard that there is going to be a bunch of hot women there that are horny for guys with white maxima's.

and finally you'll be able to find out exactly how much louder you are after all your work to upgrade to be able to wire down to an ohm. (on the same meter as 1st comp)

If you were 21 I'd say I'll bring ya a bottle of rum, maybe I'll just bring it and "leave my car unattended" for a little while hahaah i kid.

I dunno man, I love to drive, drove to Miami from NH alone str8 out, no sleeping or anthing, so its a concept I am unfamiliar with. Guess I'd go just to see the guy who is crazy enough to put subs in a Viper lol. Anyways, hope you decide to go, would like to kick it with ya, and Iam pretty sure you would go home with a trophy of some kind and knowledge (I always learn at the comps), but thats just my opinion.

Oh ya as you said earlier, this will prob. be your last chance to go to a show this year what with school, work and football you got going. ....

Motivation, hmmm IDK if its a car show too, so since the right answer for you is yes, I'll say yes! lol Friend bailed huh, my 15's are the only friends I'll ever need! Friends FTL (for the loss) they let ya down 99% of the time hopefully you wont have to learn that the hard way. How ever your subs shouldn't let ya down ever (esp. the brand you got) unless you abuse them.

You could still sleep in, show doesn't get rolling till noon reg. starts @ 11, but you can come late still getting your beauty sleep. He's running both formats tom. so you get twice the chances for a trophy, plus you'd be in a pretty "quiet" class having only one sub, think you's be in slammin' Bass 2, bet you'd crush that class now that your wired down properly.

This show will be way bigger then the Raynam show I can promise you that, so there's some motivation. here's a link to pics. of the 1st one, http://www.newenglandspl.com/modern_corporate_017.htm there will be alot more there then the 1st event, as it was the 1st of the year.

hmm motivation, if you go I won't make fun of you? :turkey:

How about this, I heard that there is going to be a bunch of hot women there that are horny for guys with white maxima's.

and finally you'll be able to find out exactly how much louder you are after all your work to upgrade to be able to wire down to an ohm. (on the same meter as 1st comp)

If you were 21 I'd say I'll bring ya a bottle of rum, maybe I'll just bring it and "leave my car unattended" for a little while hahaah i kid.

I dunno man, I love to drive, drove to Miami from NH alone str8 out, no sleeping or anthing, so its a concept I am unfamiliar with. Guess I'd go just to see the guy who is crazy enough to put subs in a Viper lol. Anyways, hope you decide to go, would like to kick it with ya, and Iam pretty sure you would go home with a trophy of some kind and knowledge (I always learn at the comps), but thats just my opinion.

haha i made my decision before you even answered.

i'm gunna go!

your post just made me even more excited lol.. so i'm gunna get some sleep til about 8:30 maybe 9 with the snooze button then get some gas and some money out of the bank and head on up to tewksbury

so i will see you tomorrow Bill cant wait.. hopefully i can get 2nd after you ofcourse.. no way im touching a 143.. or maybe i'll be in A1.. but i dont think i can who knows though ;)

when I wrote my posts last night I didn't see Thors posts, cuz he gave the right answers, the reasons I go to them all. Learning is one of the tops reasons to go even if you dont feel like sometimes (which is never for me but I'm just saying).

Very happy to hear your going to make it Barber, see you there!

Hey Thor you gonna make the 27th event in CT? cuz that would be sweet! Die'n to see thos evil 10's!

Oh and Thor, for the record, I don't think its easier to get a trunk louder then a van. In fact all of the loudest vehicles I have ever heard were vans. Of course all those vans were walled...

Edited by SPLScion