Quentin Jarrell

A new candidate for another high-end install

I haven't much progress to show. I have been busy working on other vehicles. Here's what I did this evening. It is a panel that will be painted and frenched into the floor panel and house my logo.

Started off with two layers of 1.5 ounce chopped strand matt. Its very important to use whole sheets to cover the panel completely instead of multiple smaller sheets. It makes for a smoother finish. The wax from the resin is then grinded off with a angle grinder with a 24 grit roll-loc pad.

m5032.jpg

m5035.jpg

m5037.jpg

The the panel was wiped down with resin mixed with just enough body filler so it won't run.

m5040.jpg

m5041.jpg

After a quick sand with with 60 grit on a DA I sprayed the panel with resin with a tad of bodyfiller to give it color so it will be easier to see.

m5042.jpg

m5043.jpg

m5044.jpg

After it tacks up enough to cut with a razor I trim any drips and sand down with 60 grit paper. Then bondo any inperfections. The two spots on the left and right were the only pin holes that needed to be filled.

m5045.jpg

Then I sanded the whole panel down by hand with 80 grit. Altogether there was only about 1 tablespoon of bodyfiller applied to the panel.

m5046.jpg

m5048.jpg

m5049.jpg

It's going to look like this but painted to match the vehicle.

logooval2.jpg

logooval.jpg

Here's some more pics. I don't have time to explain the pics. I have to go pick up an Escalade from a customer. If you have a question don't hesitate to ask.

m5050.jpg

m5051.jpg

m5052.jpg

m5053.jpg

m5054.jpg

m5059.jpg

m5060.jpg

m5061.jpg

m5062.jpg

m5063.jpg

m5064.jpg

Looking good. You should do a build log collection or something. :)

Looking good. You should do a build log collection or something. :)

[/quoteI

I'll provide the photos, you build the thread and we'll charge $5 a head for each view and split the profits 50/50. We might even be able to make a DVD. We'll make millions LOL. But seriouly.......... I have thousands of photos from installs I've done over the past seven years. There is no one in my area that does cutom work. It gets crazy sometimes like now I have the M5, a Chrysler, a Dodge RAM sitting here. I leave to go pick up a Escalade for a customer and there is a Cadillac Brogham sitting here. And I don't even know who's it is. They left a number in the window, I call'em up and they say there's 10 grand in the glove box do what ever I can do for that. It's crazy I'm gonna have to start beatin them off with a stick.

I got a little work done on the beamer to day. It's still pretty rough but you'll get an idea what it's gonna look like.

m5066.jpg

m5065.jpg

m5067.jpg

I'll provide the photos, you build the thread and we'll charge $5 a head for each view and split the profits 50/50. We might even be able to make a DVD. We'll make millions LOL. But seriouly.......... I have thousands of photos from installs I've done over the past seven years. There is no one in my area that does cutom work. It gets crazy sometimes like now I have the M5, a Chrysler, a Dodge RAM sitting here. I leave to go pick up a Escalade for a customer and there is a Cadillac Brogham sitting here. And I don't even know who's it is. They left a number in the window, I call'em up and they say there's 10 grand in the glove box do what ever I can do for that. It's crazy I'm gonna have to start beatin them off with a stick.

Just as an FYI to you, I would keep info like this to a minimum. On the surface you could be seen as way for dope boys to launder money, unless I'm taking your statements a little too literally?? You should really be more careful with this information. Good news for you sometimes travels to the wrong set of ears. Just my $.02 and wanting to look out for you.

i love your work man! way to stick a little advertising in his car. :ugh2: but it seems like you already have to much work!

Edited by F-150 Murphy

i love your work man! way to stick a little advertising in his car. :ugh2: but it seems like you already have to much work!

yea when this one is finished, we are putting 3 21's in his chevy pickup, after that another high-end install is going in his 2008 Porsche carrera 911 4s. I am trying to get all of them ready for scrappin the coast in the end of June.

nice car. nice install :D

985 area code??? where are you located??

Folsom, about 12 miles north of Mandeville/Covington

cool...didnt know you were local. well...semi-local haha. bout an hour drive for where im at

sent you a pm.

Edited by blimblam

Looks great..

If you have time in the future you should post a few pictures of the shop you do all this great work in.

Very nice..

The shop's just a 35'x35' metal building at home. I own 140 acres and my house is located almost dead center of the property. I managed a Mobile One Auto Sound location for about 3 1/2 years until Katrina came through. I actually only do car audio part time. My father owns a large tractor service. He maintains all the gas lines for Southern Natural Gas in Mississippi. I think it is around 1200 miles of right-a-way. And I have a contract to maintain 368 miles of right-a-way that spiders off from Interstate 12 between Baton Rouge and Mississippi/Louisiana boarder. Although I love doing installs it's just not as profitable as the $900 a mile I profit off the gas lines. But even though I do most of my install work from home I am well respected by the Manufacture's reps in my area. My home address and cell phone number is listed under Kicker's website under zip 70437. Not many people would have been able to pull that off.

I do believe it might look half-way decent when it's finished. If Audison would ever send my amp so I can finish the other side.

m5068.jpg

m5069.jpg

m5070.jpg

m5071.jpg

m5072.jpg

the same color as the car. It's the 2009 lexus IS-F pearl white with 35% more pearl than the factory color.

wow man nice job as always!!! you put out some great items man. Do any of your higher end customers wonder why they are taking there 50-60K cars to the middle of nowhere!! I would think alot of people might think twice. But either way good job man.

wow man nice job as always!!! you put out some great items man. Do any of your higher end customers wonder why they are taking there 50-60K cars to the middle of nowhere!! I would think alot of people might think twice. But either way good job man.

No they don't care and the M5 base price is 85 grand. Would you rather turn your keys over to your local retailer or a someone who does work like I do and works in the middle of 140 acres of gated property? But I've know this guy for a long time this is about the 15th car I worked onfor him in the past 4 or 5 years.

So you get that amp yet, i want to see pics of the enclosure, and how the subs look in the back lol.

We changed high's amp for a Focal and I'm expecting it tomorrow. She'll be done by next weekend.