jellyfish420

RL-p question

does any one got a 15 sitting around (or any TC9 for that matter)they could measure for me. i'm trying to draw up a new box and its gonna be a tight fit :up2somet:

so what i need is how far down does the basket come? you know the spoke that comes strait down.

how wide is the motor?

and mounting depth? i think i can get this one, but just in case.

never mind on the size questions...i messed with a couple of numbers that got me enough room :D but i have a diff question now :(

here is a pic of what i'm getting ready to do....

i'm not done figuring every thing out yet. but this box is way bigger than the one i got now:) so i'm hoping for some where around 5-6ft tuned in the mid 20's;)

now i'm trying to figure how to get a big port and the face isn't big enough. i thought about a big one then a couple corner triangle ones to gain on port area...but fu(k all that chit!

so my question is on the bottom where there is a little 'ledge' would it be ok to have the port fire up across the sub? i'm worried about maybe some cancellation firing across like that:(

2rlp157ou.jpg

I would think there would be a ton of cancellation doing that. I would vent that out the top.

but then i would have to sink the sub even further below the rear seat

:( its already half way there.

it looks like i might be better off getting some 12's :(

edit: but isn't the jl HO wedge kinda like this?

The JL box isn't exactly firing "over" the driver...the driver's in the center, with the port surrounding it yes, but there's a lot more clearance there.

I'd port out the top or rear, or go with 12's like you said.

The JL box isn't exactly firing "over" the driver...the driver's in the center, with the port surrounding it yes, but there's a lot more clearance there.

I'd port out the top or rear, or go with 12's like you said.

i played w/ the numbers a little. having the port fire up i couldn't get any bigger than 4.75ft net @ 35Hz, and i don't want to do that!

so now i have 5ft net @ 28Hz, ported out the top. tell me what you think.

p.s. this is a scale drawing. 1 box = 1 inch

2rlp15right6up.jpg

i like it..i think that would be cool box...kinda a bear to build by it's looks...by i think it would work out nicely..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i left about 1 1/2" clearance from the baffle to the backseat...do you think i'll need more than that? i don't want to build it, then cant use it :( i guess what i need to know is how far (from the baffle) will this thing come out? less that 1 1/2" (including frame)

no, surface mount. and its gonna have 2", from baffle to backseat. so 1" excursion, 3/4" frame/gasket. i'd be cuttin it awfully close, huh? maybe move it back 1/2" or something?