Sign in to follow this  
holley2346

Double DIN unit

I have been using a stock HU with a LO convertor.... and I want to get the most out of my system. Problem is, I have a tahoe and I don't want to kill the functionality of onstar / anything else.

What I want is a touch screen radio that is reliable and has good eq adjustments. I also need to plug my Ipod into it..... nav isn't really needed but it would be nice too.

I was wondering if any of you would have some suggestions?

Pretty much all the units in the market right now will have the function you are looking for. Personally I like Jvc's 7000Bt. Your harness for that car though costs an arm and a leg. Retail PAC's part runs around $220. Retail most double din navs are running the 1100 to 1300 price range.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12283_...H-P4000DVD.html

General Features:

In-dash Double DIN DVD, DivX, CD, MP3 Receiver with Rear USB and Front 3.5mm Auxiliary Input

6.1" Wide touchscreen LCD display

User selectable button lighting

CEA-2006 compliant amplifier

Power Output:

Peak: 52 watts x 4 channels

RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels

CD Text Display

MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)

1-year Sonic Electronix warranty

Playback and Audio Features:

Playback of DVD

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12283_...H-P4000DVD.html

General Features:

In-dash Double DIN DVD, DivX, CD, MP3 Receiver with Rear USB and Front 3.5mm Auxiliary Input

6.1" Wide touchscreen LCD display

User selectable button lighting

CEA-2006 compliant amplifier

Power Output:

Peak: 52 watts x 4 channels

RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels

CD Text Display

MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)

1-year Sonic Electronix warranty

Playback and Audio Features:

Playback of DVD

if your looking for retarded amounts of eq options id have to recommend the kenwood DNX8120. I have a Pioneer Avic-90bt and love it as well. Fair bit of options as well but the kenwood is over the top.

JVC Has some very nice double din units and they also have their top of the line navigation unit as well you should check them out

I have the pioneer deh 5000dvd, I love it. Great eq, touch screen is awesome, and the picture is great, along with the ipod controls. But it is a single din.

JVC Has some very nice double din units and they also have their top of the line navigation unit as well you should check them out

:+1:

I have the JVC KW-NX7000 and its one of the best you can buy. 7" face, built in navigation (dont have to buy a $200 extra piece like Pioneer & Alpine), sounds great, has the best graphics, detachable face. Plus its the cheapest out of all the brand name navi systems. There are cons but the dont affect me - No bluetooth built in (extra piece) and there is no harddrive but you can put in a mem card.

I would also buy the Pioneer AVBIC series but they are more expensive THE JVC with all the same stuff. IMO Kenwood/Alpine is too expensive for no reason. Dual/Panasonic/Eclipse are ok but they graphics arent good and are lacking in some features.

Edited by phresh

I have the F90BT pioneer it is awesome. I have a comparable vehicle the escalade and the gm part to keep onstar and door chimes was only $100.

:+1:

I have the JVC KW-NX7000 and its one of the best you can buy. 7" face, built in navigation (dont have to buy a $200 extra piece like Pioneer & Alpine), sounds great, has the best graphics, detachable face. Plus its the cheapest out of all the brand name navi systems. There are cons but the dont affect me - No bluetooth built in (extra piece) and there is no harddrive but you can put in a mem card.

I would also buy the Pioneer AVBIC series but they are more expensive THE JVC with all the same stuff. IMO Kenwood/Alpine is too expensive for no reason. Dual/Panasonic/Eclipse are ok but they graphics arent good and are lacking in some features.

The 2009 model the nx7000bt come with blue tooth and is the same price as last years model, also JVC is doing a deal on the 2008 models, if you purchase a NX7000 they will give you a blute tooth module for free.

I'd suggest the Metra Data retention harnesses. They are right around $100 and work well in all the installs I've done.

http://www.autosoundcentral.com/Metra_GMOS...AV_p/gmos01.htm

That's only if you do not have Bose however. But from you sig. looks like you plan on after market anyways.

As for HU. IF price isn't an issue, I like the W505 by Alpine. Or I know the Kenwood DNX8120 is a good unit as stated above.