phresh

What do you consider loud for daily play?

My car does well over a 150 for daily and that is on music and just not a burp. The equiptment used is 2 Sundown Nightshade 15's in 7.2 cubes ported to 37hz, 2 Saz1500d's, and an XS Power D3100 with a Deka Group 34 up front. There are a few of you on here that have heard the car and will agree that it is TOO loud for a daily setup.

I love to compete so that's what drives me to make the car so loud. That and I love the bass too. If I had to guess I probably listen to it at about 146-147 at max and occasionally crank it up over 150 when I'm not at a stoplight or a residental area. My normal listening volume is probably around a 135 or so cause that chit doesn't need to be blastin all the time. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that it does 150's on 3100 clamped watts!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o

my last system would hold 143db+ @ 10hz and peak at 147hz..it was MORE than loud enough

but it didn't quite make my vision blurry enough on the lows to crash my car so it's being upgraded

thats just insane lol. i tell all my friends that i think im somewhere in the 130's because of that db chart on wiki, i can make people wipe there nose on comand but if i got on a tl it would probally break my heart everyone say your first time on a real meter is a real wake up call lol

lol yeh meters can be humbling. of course In my case I was actually quite pleased with results....4th place in 139.9 bass race at SBN in my first competition entry.

Loudest daily I have heard is a Team mate of mine doing 156+. I LOVED it in his truck.

Stupid question. Screw the subs. How loud for your front stage? I'd like to see you sit in a car at 150dB at 10,000Hz.

Big bass is ghey, doing it across the board is sweet.

Stupid question. Screw the subs. How loud for your front stage? I'd like to see you sit in a car at 150dB at 10,000Hz.

Big bass is ghey, doing it across the board is sweet.

you will NOT get me in that car no sir lol

I like music that is 155+.....

Not for long you won't!

I like music that is 155+.....

Not for long you won't!

why is that?

Because, you'll go DEAF. lol

You obviously have NO idea what 155dB sounds like.

excuse me?...Are you talking about me?

Yep, I guarantee you have NO idea what even 140dB sounds like at 1,000Hz

Few people will ever hear 125+ on a front stage, you know that Sean.

I'm pretty sure she meant below 80Hz And she knows how that is.......

4DD9515s.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality...... old cell phone vids

th_Video0161.jpg

th_Video0167.jpg

I'm pretty sure she meant below 80Hz And she knows how that is.......

4DD9515s.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality...... old cell phone vids

th_Video0161.jpg

th_Video0167.jpg

oooo, There I am!!..sitting in front of the port!...:D

and my hair flying in the window..lol

Edited by xGTDropTopx

That sounds scary. :ehh:

I have heard 150dB in the frequencies of a front stage...although it was through a thick ass concrete wall and it still hurt.

You do realize that the aerospace world tests fuselage and other plane parts for ACOUSTIC FATIGUE at levels below 170dB. At this level metal can break and wear out rather quickly so you can extrapolate what it will do to your ears.

I have heard 150dB in the frequencies of a front stage...although it was through a thick ass concrete wall and it still hurt.

You do realize that the aerospace world tests fuselage and other plane parts for ACOUSTIC FATIGUE at levels below 170dB. At this level metal can break and wear out rather quickly so you can extrapolate what it will do to your ears.

Oh my....... :Doh:

140dB is fine for demo. Daily driving should entail something less than this to avoid pissing people off and phucking up your own ears. I run my sub amps on a separate switch so just the front stage is up (nowhere near 140) and I will hit that switch to silence the "gangsta" who thinks he's cool with his 12's in his mommy's car or the stupid b*tch stopped at a green light because she's on her damn phone. Also, I found it hard to even feel the pedals anywhere above 150dB because EVERYTHING is vibrating. Try driving while hitting above 158db, it isn't really possible.

140dB is fine for demo. Daily driving should entail something less than this to avoid pissing people off and phucking up your own ears. I run my sub amps on a separate switch so just the front stage is up (nowhere near 140) and I will hit that switch to silence the "gangsta" who thinks he's cool with his 12's in his mommy's car or the stupid b*tch stopped at a green light because she's on her damn phone. Also, I found it hard to even feel the pedals anywhere above 150dB because EVERYTHING is vibrating. Try driving while hitting above 158db, it isn't really possible.

haha i cant even imagine... when i first got my license and tried driving with only a ported 15" Q i lost all sense of motion and was speeding like crazy... i can feel my pedals vibrate alot so i can only imagine what 158 would be like... im really interested to see what i meter. i know its not much but im curious.