Sign in to follow this  
christobear

System for a chick

k, so my friend just told me that she will let me plan, order and install her new system for her (which, as would be for all of you, is very exciting for me)

currently she has 2 Kicker CVR 15's in a crappy prefab sealed box

im not exactly sure of the amp she has, but i would guess a kicker 1000.1 (or whatever their 1000 watter is called)

Goals:

she wants to be loud and sound decent, but definitely more SPL than SQ

no competitions, just daily

Budget:

this is my favorite part. her exact words to me were, "well, i dont want to be in debt for like $5,000. but...."

so i dont know exactly what that means, but she has some money to blow

now, my first thought was to do 2 12" BL's ported in a Fisher Custom box (or PTS)

but im not sure if i want to deal with all the necessary electrical upgrades or if she even wants it to be that loud...

now im kinda thinking about looking for a 500-600watt sub and run a Sundown 1500

so, for the sake of this situation, what would you do for a system with say $2500 (you may or may not choose to include component speakers, deadening, etc)

give me some crazy ideas!

So this is a COMPLETE daily beater? Is there anything that you don't need to buy, i.e. headunit?

EDIT: What car? Space restrictions?

cheap route would be..

a new box.. and a diffrent amp.

OR

1 Q15 in a nice large ported and tuned box and use the same amp.

sorry, i typed everything then accidentally closed the window and had to type it all again, and got lazy

"complete daily beater" as in only for her pleasure? yes

she has a HU and if we keep it to ~1000 she will be ok with the wiring she has

Mazda 3, i dont know the actual dimensions right now, but the box she has now pretty much takes up her whole trunk, so i dont think she cares that much about the space it takes

cheap route would be..

OR

she definitely wants new subs

yea, that could work, or do a 15 BL...

generally speaking, how do you think that would compare in output to 2 15's sealed?

of course you would!!!!

and lets hear those reasons why!

cheap route would be..

OR

generally speaking, how do you think that would compare in output to 2 15's sealed?

of course she thinks she wants new subs... her system sounds bad... somthing that can be fixed with the correct box....

tell her seems how they are trashed subs. ill buy them off her for a trashy price let me know.. my brother is in waco.

OH and the reason i say Q and not BL. is because i have owned the BL's and while they were great subs.. used in an SUV or a hatchback i think it has a little more sub noise then the Q... also the Q can get lower then the BL with no problem.

its able to play i donno master P and then also able to play fall out boy well when she feels like crying. or what ever.

because it sucks when you buy 5 different woofers looking for the perfect one for your application.

i think someone thats trying to upgrade from 2 15 looking for more output needs to go with something with lots of it.

wouldn't you agree?

Edited by าชกุศล

because it sucks when you buy 5 different woofers looking for the perfect one for your application.

i think someone thats trying to upgrade from 2 15 looking for more output needs to go with something with lots of it.

wouldn't you agree?

no i dont not at all....

and if this is your idea of help you should just STOP

i dont know whats wrong with him, but thats what i would put in that car. especially if shes looking for something thats more spl than sq ive heard a couple btls and they all sounded good to me and get stupid loud.

i dont know whats wrong with him, but thats what i would put in that car. especially if shes looking for something thats more spl than sq ive heard a couple btls and they all sounded good to me and get stupid loud.

Have you heard a Q? Mine got stupid loud when I had it.

cheap route would be..

OR

i agree 100% if any of you havent yet. you will learn the enclosure does the talking . It takes an ear envolved in this as much as most of us are to hear the difference from woofer to woofer in the same enclosure. The pure change in sound and depth of the nice ported enclosure will make her think its 100x louder than before.

But, then again you might not be able to port 2 15s in that trunk. So forsure a nice single 15 should be nice.

Aw hell just throw a btl 18 in there add some tweeters and mid bass drivers and there you go! No... but seriously. Those subs sound pretty kick ass in the right box.... But fi is pure sex so at least go with some q's :) or you could just pick up some of those type x's that are available now for 75 bucks a piece.

cheap route would be..

OR

of course she thinks she wants new subs... her system sounds bad... somthing that can be fixed with the correct box....

tell her seems how they are trashed subs. ill buy them off her for a trashy price let me know.. my brother is in waco.

OH and the reason i say Q and not BL. is because i have owned the BL's and while they were great subs.. used in an SUV or a hatchback i think it has a little more sub noise then the Q... also the Q can get lower then the BL with no problem.

its able to play i donno master P and then also able to play fall out boy well when she feels like crying. or what ever.

yea, but she's also had the CVR's for like 2 years, so she's just tired of them anyway, and im not gonna argue

she will sell them, but i dunno what a trashy price means, i really dont pay attention to prices of kicker stuff

the car is not a hatchback, im not exactly sure what you were trying to say about that

Aw hell just throw a btl 18 in there add some tweeters and mid bass drivers and there you go! No... but seriously. Those subs sound pretty kick ass in the right box.... But fi is pure sex so at least go with some q's :) or you could just pick up some of those type x's that are available now for 75 bucks a piece.

yea... an 18 wont fit. no way in hell, to get close i would have to glass her whole trunk and im not freakin doing that, i dont have the time

Q's do sound good so far

where can you get type x's for $75???

i think ideally for me, would be 2 12's or 1 15 ported on 1000 watts (to keep the same)

then use the rest for deadening, speakers, 2 or 4ch amp, a good battery, and do a run of 1/0 to be safe

suggestions for this?

oh its not a hatch?

then in that case the bl will be fine. and as long as you set the gains correctly the bl will take abuse like a champ...

nothings wrong with me guy...

i didnt like them....

the cross overs didnt handle the kinda of power i wanted to give to them... so now im active and i use the CDT mids only.... umm they are alright.