Sign in to follow this  
tommy

sealed ht sub

so i haven't been on here for awhile since been i have been extremely busy with my new house, puppies, and building my currect truck but now that summer is coming around it is time to relax, open up the windows and blast some tunes. so here is my question.

i have a behringer 2500 for my sub duties in my home theater. i'm looking for a sub or subs that handle music well in a home theater application while sealed. i've tried ported applications in my house and with vaulted and peaked ceilings it makes it way to "peaky" and was not to my liking at all for all kinds of music. so what subs should i look into for a floor firing sealed applcation. size isn't a concern and i'll build the box myself so i can use whatever internal space. i'm just looking for an overpowering sub stage to keep up with rock and rap with my current 7 speaker ht set-up since i usually use all speakers in 7 channel stereo mode when cranking the tunes and working around the house.

thanks for the help in advance hopefully i can order something this week since it's driving me nuts with no low end grunt at the moment

Edited by tommy

Do you just want a single sub, or could you use more?

i can use whatever as long as it performs with power and ohm load i have. i've considered everything from one high powered 10 to a stack of 18's........ but i've been out of the game for so long that i have no idea where to go look....

Perhaps an Adire Tumult or two if you can find them?

What did you tune your previous box to? If more than 22 hz or so, that may have been a problem.

Budget. Not really sure. I already have a few hundred it the amp and 50 feet of wiring and connectors. Maybe like 500 on the high end

Perhaps an Adire Tumult or two if you can find them?

What did you tune your previous box to? If more than 22 hz or so, that may have been a problem.

I don't want used really. I've had a lot of adire gear. I don't need anymore.

The tune was in the low 30s. It was crazy peaky.I wanna stay will sealed for ease of box design also.....

Mach5 MJ 18? Get two of em >:]

Tommy,

How much room are you willing to give up? We can really help you get hooked up! IB might be a great solution. Are you looking for a wild and crazy movie experience, or more for music like rap?

I know your not a fan of ported but the peakyness in your room is also affected by the tune of the enclosure. What tuning did you have, and did you try multiple?

Are you willing to use processing? If you go sealed, and are looking for a movie experience I would recomend taking some of your budget to smooth out and beef up your responce. It really sounds like your room needs EQing more than just throwing bass at it. You may get more from good processing than anything else. Maybe room treatments too.