dwright27

expedition With 3rd row

Started this box Saturday evening for a customer. He has an 03 or 06 or something Expedition with the 3rd Row and was wanting something custom back there.

first thought was to do a fiberglass amp rack in between teh woofers. After an initial test fit it was outta the question. Circles arent perfect as my jasper jig wont be here until tomorrow and i still have a few more things to do before he pics it up tomorrow. Round over a few more things and sand all my wood filler down, as well as put the carpet on it.

sory i didnt get many pics, was trying to get it done ...

onto the pics.

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart007.jpg

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart008.jpg

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart017.jpg

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart018.jpg

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart019.jpg

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart019.jpg

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart021.jpg

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart022.jpg

ExpeditionBoxandgolfcart023.jpg

every screw was countersunk and most were hand tightened.

its sub back port up because of space. 10" max at the top where the seats go back.

3 - 3.5 cubes after displacements with double baffle. tuned @ 35 hz with 36 square inches of port. was gonna do 60 sqaure inches but the length of the port was too long.

its a wedge and we are doing trim panels eventually when he gets the extra money.

you got more to go.

i had that same amp back in the day... i loved it...

well i mean you have more to do.. for sure..

perhaps painting the port before you lay the wrap down will help..

and also you have carpet to cut still..

and you also have the jagged cuts to smooth out.......

"you got more to go"

i found out the hard way its really hard to paint the port when the box is already together... anyone know any tricks without the running

i found out the hard way its really hard to paint the port when the box is already together... anyone know any tricks without the running

well there is a trick if your trying to paint before the wrap.. but AFTER the box is togather...

that is to paint in layers... paint one wall lightly.. then walk away.. let it dry come back and do it again... not to try and to it all in 10 seconds is the key//

paintin after wraped.. i have nothing.

tape the port off with some blue tape. If you don't want to have to paint the port a lot of times just use rubberized undercoating.