Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Pick my install for the summer

I'm redoin my setup this year and want to see if any of you have any thoughts about my new setup just in case i may have missed a possible setup design..

So, i will hand the specs over to you guys and tell me what you would do with the following-

4,400w of power = 2,200w @1ohm per amp

Possible Internal volume = 15.5 Cubes! Displace 1.5-2.00 cubes for port = 13.5-14.0 cubes plus sub displacement.

Baffle room - room that is capable of fitting a select number of subwoofers-

16 8s

8 10s

8 12s

4 15s

2 18s

(note this is baffle room, you must account for internal required volume for proper suggestion)

Price limit - $900

I pretty much already have my mind made up, just wondering if there is anything else out there i may have overlooked.

I've narrowed it down to-

2 AQ HD315s or 2 SSA XCON 18s

I really like the new XCON look... I can sell both my 15s and both my 12s and get the 2 xcon18s...

Basically what i'm tryin to do is surpass 150 on a tone but still capable of doin music in the high 40s to low 50s.

I'm hesitant to think my 2 15s can do that in a wall... i know the 18s have more potential... so what would u do or choose?

i dont know how to say it so i'll just say it.

That's exactly what i need, however, i would need all of my subs sold before i purchase anything.

This project isn't suppose to start for another 45 days from now... so unless someone randomly buys all my gear... sorry man, bad timing unless there's a slight slim chance that nobody buys em until then, hehe, then i'll be all over it.

thread's been there since the middle of December with no bites except a couple low-ball "hey i'll trade you this blown sub"

I just posted it on caraudio.com a few days ago and it's gotten a little interest, but we'll see