RamenNoodles

Accord walled with 4 15" XCONS

Well this summer I am planning on walling off my 2000 accord coupe. Im already sponsored by Diablo Audio Technologies so I will be running their amplifiers. (most likely the 2500.1s)

I have been doing a lot of searching for woofers and came across these and something about them is just screaming my name. I was originally going to go with 4 15" Havocs since they get piss loud and sound good doing it, but didnt really have the power handling I was looking for.

The XCONs seem to be the one. I was originally going to tune the Havocs to 30hz because they love the lows, and apparently the XCONs love the same tuning as well. I want a loud daily driver that will deliver on the low end. Im not really worried about the SPL score as long as these will do some damage on the low end.

My main question about them is, How many amps should I run to them. I am torn between 2 **** 2500.1s, one to each pair, or 4 2500.1s one on each one brutalizing the chit out of them. Now these amps will do around 3400 rms a pop on full tilt. It would take full tilt out of one to power a pair to their RMS potential, which wouldnt be the best for the amp or the subs, which is why I was thinking 4 2500.1s would be best and just send a nice clean 2500 rms to each one.

Last suggestion would be DATs Inferno 8.1 amp, It does an underrated 8000RMS, but is still in the testing phase whether or not it will be alright for Daily use.

So guys, Please give me some info on what you all think. And lastly, what size total box would you suggest for all of them? Never messed with SSA subs before, but I heard they would probably like 3.5 cubes a pop which is a little more then the ICONs.

Personally, I never like running subs over their RMS power. I'd get 2 amps and run the 4 subs.

2500 is going to be well past their limit, especially if this is a daily driver. Box sizing in this install would benefit by going on the large side. 3.5 - 4.25 would be a good range to start.

Nice choice on woofer's :)

I think the inferno would be perfect for all 4.

2000rms a peice should be good if you know what your'e doing.

how come diablo has never really been mentioned if they do 3400 a pop for a 2500.1 board? im interested in these if thats the case.

Like Mark said above, shoot us an email and maybe we can do a slight adjustment for your install.

Personally, I never like running subs over their RMS power. I'd get 2 amps and run the 4 subs.

True, Im with you on that as well. But I know that these subs are very well build, and I think that they would be able to take 2500 rms for 30 seconds BR runs or 3 sec burps.

How'd you get sponsored if your not really worried about the SPL?

Being sponsored isnt all about SPL. There are other factors into gaining a sponsorship. Showing what a product is capable of in other ways will get you there. Positive reinforcement and knowledge of a product, along with getting the name out there and enthusiasm towards showing what you can do for your sponsor plays a huge role. I compete in BassRace and dBdrag, but dont really focus on dBdrag, more of a bassracer.

Nice choice on woofer's :)

I think the inferno would be perfect for all 4.

2000rms a peice should be good if you know what your'e doing.

Yes! Im really loving these woofers at the moment. They are pretty much exactly what I have been looking for.

And 2000 Rms should be fine. And guys, please understand this, I will not be throwing all of this abuse on a daily level. Im not gonna be slamming around 24/7 at around 2000-2500 rms a pop. That is mainly for Demo purposes, and competitions.

What are the prices on those amps? IF you know by any chance how much does the hellfire 1000.1 cost?

What are the prices on those amps? IF you know by any chance how much does the hellfire 1000.1 cost?

Please keep on topic here.

Mark, Aaron, I just dropped you guys a line at support@soundsolutionsaudio.com

Thanks a bunch!

Thank you, just saw them. I will be running through all the emails shortly. :)