Sign in to follow this  
shortfuze9

BL ohms

I am going to be ordering a 10" BL and was wondering which to get? Should I go with the dual 1 or 2 ohm? I plan on running it off the saz-1000d. If I get the 1 ohm, that would bring it down to .35 ohm, but with the rise, shouldn't that bring it back to almost 1 ohm? Just wondering as the amp reports that it is only 1 ohm stable. or would it be better to go with a Mmats 2100.2 and get the 1 ohm and wire them in series? this isn't something I need ASAP, but any ideas would greatly help the process.

Or... another option is to go with the dual 1 ohm wired in series and go with the saz-2000d. Ideas?

Edited by nineball

why are you worried about ohm rise..you need to be at 1 ohm on that amp.. get DUal 2

ok, but even the dual 2 ohm are only 1.4 ohm each. In parallel that comes to .7 ohms

your thinking about this too hard... .7 is 1 ohm:D

yeah. I tend to do that when have too much time on my hands. BTW, in case you were wondering why I'm going so small, this is for my daily work vehicle....

Edited by nineball

.7 and 1.4 are the DC resistance of the coil, not the impedance.

The impedance is Dual 1 and Dual 2 ohms.

Impedance varies with frequency, and impedance rise will depend on the enclosure. . .

yeah. I tend to do that when have too much time on my hands. BTW, in case you were wondering why I'm going so small, this is for my daily work vehicle....

nope.. but i like seeing people pick a small single sub...

its a rest from everyonr that has all these questions about putting 4 btl 18s in a mazda miata that they MIGHT buy next month.

what kinda work truck or car? and what do you do.

It's going into a Peterbilt. An 18 wheeler, just in case you didn't know. And weight is an issue. I was considering 2 12's cause I do have the room, but if I did that, then I would be looking at a little over 300 lbs box and all. But in my personal vehicle, 2 15" btl's each run off a saz3000d.

IMG00110-20090412-1616.jpg

i run a single 8 in a frightliner.

i have done a few systems in my rigs over the years.

that looks like a sharp pertercar. i can see a buncha custom touches. lets see more!

Sign in to follow this