i have pair of dcon 10's. I want to make an enclosure for them and its recommended 1-1.25 cubes 28-33 hurts. what does the smaller size do? Would that mean more power handling? More punchyness? I have a us amps merlin md1 for power and plenty of juice for supply. also what does the tuning frequency effect. i listen to a broad array of music slipknot and mudvayne lamb of god to eletronic and rap. i know there is no perfict setup for all but what would you recommend? I have a 2005 civic sedan if that helps. thanks

A smaller box will allow the woofers to handle a bit more power at the sacrifice of some lower sounding notes. Larger boxes are generally more efficient with the given power.

The difference will also be a little dependent on the vehicle. But 1cube per 10 is very good.

well im just looking for the best enclosure for my application. any recommendations? may just go the pound that sound route as i live in Canada and that's where he is located.

ok i will try 1 cube per 10 out. now its just down to a tunning frequency. i have an icon 12 in my car right now tuned to 32 in a 2.25 cube enclosure that sounds pretty damn good think i might stay with the 32 hurts. the icon 12 is very power hungry from what i see. i want to try out my 10's and see if they get louder off the same power. the 12 sounds very good.

Edited by tuckedciv

ok i will try 1 cube per 10 out. now its just down to a tunning frequency. i have an icon 12 in my car right now tuned to 32 in a 2.25 cube enclosure that sounds pretty damn good think i might stay with the 32 hurts. the icon 12 is very power hungry from what i see. i want to try out my 10's and see if they get louder off the same power. the 12 sounds very good.

The Dcon's will be right at home in the suggested tuning range. ;)

I am going to Try out 2 Cubes tuned to 33 and give them all kinds of power, see what happens. Thanks for the input. I live in Oshawa Ontario Canada and not that many people here know what lows are really supposed to sound like. I just want to say thanks for a great product and great support. theres some dirty spammers on here dont know if you know

I am going to Try out 2 Cubes tuned to 33 and give them all kinds of power, see what happens. Thanks for the input. I live in Oshawa Ontario Canada and not that many people here know what lows are really supposed to sound like. I just want to say thanks for a great product and great support. theres some dirty spammers on here dont know if you know

Thanks for the positive words. Looking forward to your build, and we have addressed and taken care of the automated spammers (including a software patch).

well im just looking for the best enclosure for my application. any recommendations? may just go the pound that sound route as i live in Canada and that's where he is located.

PTS built a box for a single Dcon 10 and it hammers. The PTS box would be a good way to go..... I can guarantee that you would be happy with it for sure

kinda short on cash right now. I am going to give it a go with the enclosure. My last one for the icon 12 pounds and sounds great, so I think it should do. I need to take some vids of my system not clean looking yet but sounds good.

how big of a port tube do i need for 2 cubes? thinking of tuning arround 30. thanks for your 2 cents

Right around 30 - 32 sq. inched of port should be fine. :)

sorry could have been more specific. I am going to go with an aero port tube precision port. what diameter port should i go with? thanks again