Impious

Official Rl-p D2 Group Buy Thread

Which size sub would you prefer the GB be for?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which size sub would you prefer the GB be for?

• 12" Rl-p
    • 15" Rl-p

I added one, and am looking at a second, but my Alpine amp may not cut it a 1ohm.

I have a MRV-500, anyone know if this is too small of an amp? Or a really good price on an amp that I could put in the wife's car to power a sealed 12?

I am buyin a HiFonics for my truck and the first Rl-p D2 (12") if this buy goes through.

Mike (crashmw)

The Alpine amps are not stable to 1 ohm.

I added one, and am looking at a second, but my Alpine amp may not cut it a 1ohm.

I have a MRV-500, anyone know if this is too small of an amp? Or a really good price on an amp that I could put in the wife's car to power a sealed 12?

I am buyin a HiFonics for my truck and the first Rl-p D2 (12") if this buy goes through.

Mike (crashmw)

The Alpine amps are not stable to 1 ohm.

Thus the reason that the truck is getting a Hifonics amp and a D2, and I am sitting on the fence regarding the second sub...might have to go with the D4 for the second system.

I also have my doubts about the actual power output being 500.

Seems kinda high for the amp...

Alpine amps are slightly underrated. I know my M300 made 325W on the birthsheet...

Mike (crashmw)

the alpine, like stated earlier, probably gets really close to it's rating,if not a touch over. and 500 wrms would be awesome, sealed or ported! i would port if u had the room, but sealed(like in my wife's car) isn't bad..loud and low!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

what is the current total? I am feeling the itch to have a new daily driver sub and give my eclipse a break

well after much deliberation,

I sent my info to squeek, so add me to it also :woot:

Mike I would love if you could sign mine please,

hehe I can't wait, "limited edition signature series"

We gotta be there, we gotta be there, we gotta be there....... :hyper:

Might have get a couple extra for the stragglers.........for a price :finger::madsign:

I am in for one sub. I don't know if I got counted before. It doesn't matter to me if it is a 12 or 15 inch. Right now it looks like it is going to be 12s.

All right, I read through EVERY reply on this thread, and as tempted as I am to ask "how much is this going to cost me?" to be like every other nood... I only have one real question. What is the count.

I'm not sure if I'm in or not, I need to grab a couple more subs and I'm REALLY leaning this way, so I need to know where the count is on this.

The next question does not effect my decision to buy (these are for a different install, I'm really debating between dual 2 and dual 4), but I need an answer just the same so I know what I'm getting into.

How would this sub compare to a Stryke Audio AV12 Mark II? Both are TC sounds woofers, but I'm unclear as to what differences in motor structure etc. exist between these subs. Any info is appreciated!

as soon as we get 15 people :D

I believe we just hit 15 confirmed

I'm down with 2 12's but when is this gb going to happen? :slayer:

If you want in, PM me please.

Purchase order is currently being worked out and parts should be slated/ordered as early as next week.

The drivers for this group buy should ship no later than the week of May 23rd.

Production overhead has risen on me, so I am going to be ordering a higher quantity of drivers in order to make this more economincally feasible. As such, any stragglers who may want to pick up a RL-p12 D2 will have a chance, but they should get in touch with me ASAP.

Edited by SoundSplinter

Like anyone cares, but I finished my sealed box for the D2 today!!! It is a 1ft^3 odd shaped MDF box where 75% of it is under seat...front firing.

Due to impatience on my part, I went and threw in a DUAL 10" POS that I bought for another application for something like $40 (basically to cover an opening in an AR home subwoofer that had been in storage where rats had eaten into the cone...long story but I cannot get myself to part with that set) Anyway, even though this is a crappy sub, the hit is better than the JL stealthbox that had been stolen from my truck. The downside is it is not as musical as the JL was, but man I cannot wait for the D2 to arrive. At which time I will also have the Hifonics BX1500D to run it. Woohooo!

Crash

make sure to tell me how that bx1500d performs.

Like anyone cares, but I finished my sealed box for the D2 today!!! It is a 1ft^3 odd shaped MDF box where 75% of it is under seat...front firing.

Due to impatience on my part, I went and threw in a DUAL 10" POS that I bought for another application for something like $40 (basically to cover an opening in an AR home subwoofer that had been in storage where rats had eaten into the cone...long story but I cannot get myself to part with that set) Anyway, even though this is a crappy sub, the hit is better than the JL stealthbox that had been stolen from my truck. The downside is it is not as musical as the JL was, but man I cannot wait for the D2 to arrive. At which time I will also have the Hifonics BX1500D to run it. Woohooo!

Crash

Isn't that a little too much power for it? I was worried about giving it 1100 RMS from my Memphis 1000D.

Crash

Isn't that a little too much power for it? I was worried about giving it 1100 RMS from my Memphis 1000D.

i fyou kno wwhat you are doing and paly it wisely you should be fine. Just dont run it full tilt all day.

I bet that 1500 is putting out about the same amount of power as your memphis.

I am going on 40 years old. The last thing that I am looking to do is draw attention to myself or my truck, which I use to take me to the local MX tracks.

I am in the process of trying to build a system with sound quality. I am in the process of also looking for components for the front speakers to replace my 5X7 Infinity Kappas. They are simply too harsh for me, and I am looking for the better front sound stage and presence that separates can typically offer.

Thinking ADS 326, CDT, or possibly the lower end Focals...Not sure yet.

But yes, the BX1500D is way more power than the sub needs, but the box is completely sealed, AND I am thinking that more is better when it some to SQ.

Mike "still cannot wait for the D2"

I am going on 40 years old. The last thing that I am looking to do is draw attention to myself or my truck, which I use to take me to the local MX tracks.

I am in the process of trying to build a system with sound quality. I am in the process of also looking for components for the front speakers to replace my 5X7 Infinity Kappas. They are simply too harsh for me, and I am looking for the better front sound stage and presence that separates can typically offer.

Thinking ADS 326, CDT, or possibly the lower end Focals...Not sure yet.

But yes, the BX1500D is way more power than the sub needs, but the box is completely sealed, AND I am thinking that more is better when it some to SQ.

Mike "still cannot wait for the D2"

i didn't like my lower end focal's (polyglas)..extremely bright under power...

u'll love ur rl-p sealed!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: