Impious

Official Rl-p D2 Group Buy Thread

Which size sub would you prefer the GB be for?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which size sub would you prefer the GB be for?

• 12" Rl-p
    • 15" Rl-p

Mike said he would scribble whatever you wanted on teh cone

Yeah, i already pmed him and i also emailed Mikey the great! It would be cool to have something unique in the dust cap also, like under the logo add "RL-p 12" SE" for Special Edition Or have Mike's signature(lol)

thats one of the aspects that turned me on to ss. the customizablilty (did i make up a new word??) and uniqueness of each woofer created. anyways

2 more to go pple!!! :hyper::hyper::D

Yeah, i already pmed him and i also emailed Mikey the great! It would be cool to have something unique in the dust cap also, like under the logo add "RL-p 12" SE" for Special Edition Or have Mike's signature(lol)

thats one of the aspects that turned me on to ss. the customizablilty (did i make up a new word??) and uniqueness of each woofer created. anyways

2 more to go pple!!! :hyper::hyper::D

i guess I should whore it up some more around the intraweb :D

That puts us at 12 confirmed.

That puts us at 12 confirmed.

did brian from FXN comfirm his two?

Sorry guys, back to 10, i have to buy a new car now due to mine almost blowing up on my face today, sucks doesnt it, my dad always told me a used car is a used car now i guess i found out the hard way.

I might convince my friend who's purchasing a rl-i 12" to spend a little more on the GD...but he'd need a diff amp. i'll let you know squeak

Yup, we are back to 10 confirmed.

did brian from FXN comfirm his two?

Not with me.

Alright, me and my dad inspectioned the car and it can be fixed with 300-500 bux, so count me in for sure squeak!! remember, 2 12's not one :)

Alright, me and my dad inspectioned the car and it can be fixed with 300-500 bux, so count me in for sure squeak!! remember, 2 12's not one :)

:woot: :woot:

I might be interested if there is any benifit going to a RL-p from a 12AE.  if so then I am in.

i could lie to you and tell you it is 100x better :D

In reality though, they should be pretty similar. the rl-p is no doubt an upgrade over the ae, though I'm not sure its that noticeable of one. The design of the 2 subs are very similar however the rl-p has several upgrades. The main differences (and possibly the only real differences) lie in the cone, spider/suspension, and possibly the surround. I would say that the rl-p is more refined though both are nice.

Kent or mike, chime in if I'm wrong or failed to mention soemthing. :hay:

You will somehow notice a difference, these subs are among some of the best, IMO. There are many people who may agree/disagree but with the quality of these subs, you will be happier and will want to sleep on your ride.

So thats 12 confirmed with me, and if he wants one or 2 thats 13 or 14. Come on peoplez!! :woot:

some one PM me if we get to 14

ighettoboyi MIGHT get 2 12's, im pushing it on him

I might be interested if there is any benifit going to a RL-p from a 12AE.

mrray get on AIM!!! i have to ask some chit

I might be interested if there is any benifit going to a RL-p from a 12AE.  if so then I am in.

The design of the 2 subs are very similar however the rl-p has several upgrades. The main differences (and possibly the only real differences) lie in the cone, spider/suspension, and possibly the surround. Kent or mike, chime in if I'm wrong or failed to mention soemthing. :hay:

:lol2: what else is left to make them the same?? :ohsnap:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

:lol2:

AFAIK, the only change I see making a noticeable difference is the dual spider on the rl-p vs the single spider on the A. According to Mike it makes for a more "aggressive suspension." The cone and surround is so similar that I dont see it maing any difference and since it is the same buildhouse im not sure if the dual spider would make it a whole new sub rather than a nice upgrade. I think Mike needs to chime in here as he would know. I'm just speculating.

Although, I do agree with Kent as far as getting the rl-p. At $200, you wil have no problem selling the rl-p d2.

I have one more question, is the price for the RL-p 12 2ohm DVC $200 or $215 for pair price and $235 for a single?

The price on the RL-p12 D2 will be $199 + shipping

The price on the RL-p15 D2 will be $229 + shipping

As said by squeak, but in the SS site i says $245 for single and $215 for pair, or maybe in the SS site those prices are for the D4?

yep

im not waiting 4 weeks

just drive to LA and pick it up :)