Tirefryr

Pics of my new toy.

Gonna drop the side GT badges too??

Nope. If I do, I have to fill two holes on either side. I do have some cool ideas which involve casting resin though.

Sounds pretty sick...............

Since you have done a good chunk of debadging, care to do a tutorial for this section as we do not cirrently have one?

Plus my wheels need it LOL

J

It's simple really. The stick on stuff can be peeled off by hand or with mechanical means. I like to use a bondo applicator behind and make sure the panel is wet with soapy water. For removal of the adhesive, I use a liberal amount of WD40 and elbow grease. You'll see some mechanical devices for removing stickers, adhesives, etc, but these WILL scratch the paint. Even is they claim not to, they do. They may be unnoticeable, but time doesn't heal all wounds when it comes to paint. Hell, simply rubbing your finger on a dry panel will scratch it.

The first thing you want to do is decide whether or not you really WANT to do it. For darker vehicles, or white that are older, I'd suggest not doing it as the natural UV fading of the paint will always show where the emblem was. Rubbing compound or a good buff may hide some of it, but it will always be distinguishable. Then the best means of removal would be a color sand and buff, but even that's not a guarantee.