mrray13

Exciting news from SoundSplinter

as i see mike floating around :hay: , i wanna try to hurry this up, :finger:

first, the rl-i 8's are in hand!! yep, boots and all! (and urs truely gets number 1!! :bartmoon::+1: ) get ahold of mike and get ur's ordered today!!!

second, the group buy as listed by squeak. there is a thread already here, check into it.

third and most importantly...the LMT enabled drivers will be a reality. mike and thilo are still working out details, and mike will be posting more indepth info later, but know this...they are coming!! :gift::faintthud::rocking:

so if u wnat an 8...email mike!

if u want a D2 rl-p, email squeak and vote in his thread

and if u want an LMT..hang around a bit....they are on their way :woot::woot:

sorry mike..i just couldn't hold it in.. :lol2::fart:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

O great.. now I'mma be bombarded with emails while I'm trying to do my taxes :finger:

Just to clarify, I do have my RL-i8's in hand, but I am still short on boots. I literally have only one or two spare boots, so Kent you'll be getting your driver right away.. but I will not be taking orders for the RL-i8's until I receive the rest of the boots (approximately one week from now).

Also, it is indeed true that SoundSplinter has been given the first exclusive rights to carry drivers enabled with TC Sounds' Linear Motor Technology. Finally, I can confidently state that the LMT will be a reality and SoundSplinter will be the first to sell it to the masses! As I am still hammering out the details, I do not want to get ahead of myself save to say that this will happen, and I would estimate I will have the drivers in hand within a few months (though perchance quite a bit sooner grin2.gif).

Keep an eye here for more detailed information as I get time to organize and post it. First things first, and unfortunately today that's figuring out all my 2004 taxes crying.gif

Sit tight! Be excited! .. I know I am! :slayer::woot:

Also, it is indeed true that SoundSplinter has been given the first exclusive rights to carry drivers enabled with TC Sounds' Linear Motor Technology.  Finally, I can confidently state that the LMT will be a reality and SoundSplinter will be the first to sell it to the masses!  As I am still hammering out the details, I do not want to get ahead of myself save to say that this will happen, and I would estimate I will have the drivers in hand within a few months (though perchance quite a bit sooner grin2.gif).

Hot damn! :D

I love you guys :D :D

What's the final price on the Rl-i 8"s?? And any news on how high they'll play?

tempted to keep an ear to the ground re: LMT motor.

-Nick

O great.. now I'mma be bombarded with emails while I'm trying to do my taxes  :finger:

Just to clarify, I do have my RL-i8's in hand, but I am still short on boots.  I literally have only one or two spare boots, so Kent you'll be getting your driver right away.. but I will not be taking orders for the RL-i8's until I receive the rest of the boots (approximately one week from now).

Also, it is indeed true that SoundSplinter has been given the first exclusive rights to carry drivers enabled with TC Sounds' Linear Motor Technology.  Finally, I can confidently state that the LMT will be a reality and SoundSplinter will be the first to sell it to the masses!  As I am still hammering out the details, I do not want to get ahead of myself save to say that this will happen, and I would estimate I will have the drivers in hand within a few months (though perchance quite a bit sooner grin2.gif).

Keep an eye here for more detailed information as I get time to organize and post it.  First things first, and unfortunately today that's figuring out all my 2004 taxes crying.gif

Sit tight!  Be excited!  .. I know I am!  :slayer:  :woot:

i couldn't help myself...

and i'm going to try to direct the traffic here..till u get ur taxes done..lol!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

Just so you all know, I called dibs on the first LMT driver way back :finger:

It pretty much speaks for itself...

LMT.jpg

Link to original press release.

No chit, and thanks. My point was, I've been dying to see it in mass use for quite some time now.

IMO, one of the better topologies out atm.

-Nick

What's the final price on the Rl-i 8"s??  And any news on how high they'll play?

Prices on the 8's are staying steady @ $148 a piece or $135 a piece if you a pair. As stated in the dedicated RL-i8 thread, they are not to be used as midbass drivers and are in fact a true subwoofer performing optimally at 100 Hz and below.

I will have more info ready to post here with regards to the LMT soon. I have to go and run around for an hour or two but if all goes smoothly I'll slap up some data on the LMT straight from the hounds at TC Sounds later this evening. :D

What's the final price on the Rl-i 8"s??  And any news on how high they'll play?

Prices on the 8's are staying steady @ $148 a piece or $135 a piece if you a pair. As stated in the dedicated RL-i8 thread, they are not to be used as midbass drivers and are in fact a true subwoofer performing optimally at 100 Hz and below.

I will have more info ready to post here with regards to the LMT soon. I have to go and run around for an hour or two but if all goes smoothly I'll slap up some data on the LMT straight from the hounds at TC Sounds later this evening. :D

sounds good mike. I'm hoping you are going to pair LMT with some 3hp's. That would be sweet. This wait is killing me already. lol.

whao, whao, whao...so the rlp 15 i already bought does not have the new non-linear technology or what?

is there that big of a difference if i don't have this technology?

sounds good mike. I'm hoping you are going to pair LMT with some 3hp's. That would be sweet. This wait is killing me already. lol.

Here, I'll try to help take your mind off it...

180800_306_full.jpg

;)

whao, whao, whao...so the rlp 15 i already bought does not have the new non-linear technology or what?

is there that big of a difference if i don't have this technology?

no, ur rl-p doesn't have the LMT technology...it's underhung..

but have no fear..it'll pound ur eardrums into submission and sound really good doing it!

i love my rl-p (wife won't even let me go near it to remeasure for a potential new vented box)..and can't wait to hear/see/feel my rl-i8. when the LMT comes up, i will for sure try to get my hands on one..but the rl-p is a great subwoofer in it's own right!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'll slap up some data on the LMT straight from the hounds at TC Sounds later this evening.  :D

well... it is later this evening :hyper:

Patience! I had to get clearance from the author of a document before I go soliciting it all over the 'net wink2.gif

I'll put together a thread on this tonight unless I pass out from figuring out too many taxes earlier today :blink:

Congrats Mike!!!!

:yoji:

I want to confirm the first order for a 15" LMT, maybe 2 if the price is right. I'll figure out how to get them in the car once they are here.

:phatyo: