mrray13

Exciting news from SoundSplinter

Congrats Mike!!!!

:yoji:

I want to confirm the first order for a 15" LMT, maybe 2 if the price is right. I'll figure out how to get them in the car once they are here.

:phatyo:

:woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

Just so you all know, I called dibs on the first LMT driver way back  :finger:

mmmm, yeah. You're a little late. :idiot:

mmmm, yeah. You're a little late.  :idiot:

:fryingpan:

So what do you guys think about the LMT. For those of you that know how, what would you design the woofer for? What kind of specs and why? Just curious as this is just the beginning and I wonder how the end product will be as compared to what we all looking for. What kind of wattage you guys hopin it'll take?

Congrats Mike! :)

I'll definantly look into buying an LMT-based driver, cant wait to get more details.

EDIT: About what i'd like them to be like, I'm thinkin the best overall 8" ever known to man ;).

mmmm, yeah. You're a little late.  :idiot:

:fryingpan:

So what do you guys think about the LMT. For those of you that know how, what would you design the woofer for? What kind of specs and why? Just curious as this is just the beginning and I wonder how the end product will be as compared to what we all looking for. What kind of wattage you guys hopin it'll take?

:finger:

Im hoping for a sub that can be wired to 1 ohm however from what little I know about LMT I believe they are only able to mate it with a svc. A svc 1.5 ohm would be nice and I think feasible, I am hoping for power handling to be 1500w or so however I've heard these things are pretty efficient. I know tc sounds has made a tc 3hp lmt and a tc9 (rl-p) lmt. I am hoping that mike distributes something along the lines of the initial protos that used the 3hp. Its not very likely though since those things were absolutely insane. 48mm one way xmax :o Im sure the price tag on something like that would be pretty d*mn high and there wouldnt be as many buyers, so it seems the best lmt driver for mike to distribute would be someting that has slighttyly better specs than a brahma or xxx and carries the same price tag. I'll just have to wait and see what mike releases though.

I am sure whatever it is, it will be awesome.

SVC 1.5 ohm would make me cry :)

I need an SVC 2 ohm or greater for a single driver, and since wiring two in series would probably be a bad idea, I'd be stuck.

But it's probably too early to tell, I don't know.

awesome news, PIN worthy,

damn I want to start my SS collection,

lets see, I want a signed and logoed RL-p 12 and RL-i 10

a pair of signed RL-i 8's

and a pair of signed and logoed (if possible) LMT 12's

so many subs, so little time, even less money

SVC 1.5 ohm would make me cry :)

I need an SVC 2 ohm or greater for a single driver, and since wiring two in series would probably be a bad idea, I'd be stuck.

But it's probably too early to tell, I don't know.

youd probably be fine running a 1.5 ohm sub off a 2 ohm amp. It shouldnt matter that much if you have a solid amp. Just dont ruin this for the rest of us by giving mike crazy ideas like that. lol

yeah, the LMT drivers are going to be sweet..

my dream driver..a 12..suitable for small/medium vented enclosures (without massive port area)...rated about 1500wrms..of course any size would work..lol...cost around $300..

and of course...typical soundsplinter looks...sexy!!

can't wait...can't wait!!

an 8" LMT would indeed be sweet..or even LMT enabled componets..midbasses/midranges...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Eric!!!

:fart:

aaayyyyy :lol:

I'm with frosty on this one. 2ohm vc, that's what I need.