SoundSplinter

Linear Motor Technology - A Reference

:ttiwwop:

Come on Mike, you know we have no patience. You gotta feed the dawgs...WOOF WOOF WOOOFFFF...

But on a serious note I am definately down for a socal meet up. I am closet to you in LA right down the 105, less than 30 minutes away. Hell we could all meet up in old town Pasadena and go bump some hoes. I don't drink anymore but that don't matter cuz I don't need drink to chase hoes.

Pasadena, lol

mehh-hee-kano area homes

Pasadena, lol

mehh-hee-kano area homes

?Simon ese, y que homie?

If you prefer we can go to the "Peach Pit", you may feel better there with Luke Perry and Jason Priestly to keep you safe. And they should have alot more of the females you like.....you know.....big tits, no ass and Karl Malden face!!!

Pasadena, lol

mehh-hee-kano area homes

?Simon ese, y que homie?

If you prefer we can go to the "Peach Pit", you may feel better there with Luke Perry and Jason Priestly to keep you safe. And they should have alot more of the females you like.....you know.....big tits, no ass and Karl Malden face!!!

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Pasadena is quite racially mixed, I wouldn't say that an overwhelming portion of it is Mexican moreso than most other cities in the Californian southland.

.. oh and who gives a

so the LMT will actually be the SS RL-s?

kewl vato..

lol...

and brad, yep..mike should definitely!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I am confused, is it the SSSS or the RL-s ?

just curious, so people don't think I lost it, you know incase when I have mine installed and someone asks me what driver is back there and I start hissing at them

:joshers3:

I am confused, is it the SSSS or the RL-s ?

just curious, so people don't think I lost it, you know incase when I have mine installed and someone asks me what driver is back there and I start hissing at them

:joshers3:

Wouldn't that be RL-ss

And Mike, what's the word on enclosures? Are these things gonna suck up mad space? And I know how conservative you are with power, what kind of toture can be safely applied to the RL-ss 15" in a ported tuned to 24Hz? Warrenty....Schwarrenty.....

Well, RL-s.. SSSS.. it's all the same to me! :wacko::D

LOL denim @ hissing lol.gif

I think that formally, I'll keep it as RL-s, since I don't want it to look like I'm trying to knock off the XXX.. which someone actually tried to say I already was, on account of my "X" looking "S" logo crazy2.gif

I'm not going to speculate on box sizes until I get the final prototype in hand (about 2-3 weeks give or take).

RL-s it is :woot:

humm my impending collection:

RL-s 15

RL-p D2 12's

RL-i 10's

RL-i 8

:woot: Mike is going to make me broke again once I have extra money to spend

How about power? Anyone have any ideas on what a TC3HP motor can take daily???

The RL-s series (the new LMT drivers) will likely be rated for 800wrms, with acceptable ranges anywhere between 600-1500 wrms for daily listening.

I would estimate that in roughly six months, a TC4HP LM driver will be coming out.. however, depending on its price point I may or may not carry it. By the looks of things, it will probably be so expensive that hardly anyone will want to buy it anyway, in which case I likely will not carry it through SoundSplinter. But if the price is right, I'll add it to the lineup and that motor will be rated around 1200 wRMS with daily handling anywhere from 800-2200 watts.

aha if you like beer we have a good place to go if you ever come by indiana mad anthony beer is sweet just about every beer i can think of has won at least a bronze medal and at munchies they sell that on tap plus bottled goose island and belle's. everything from blondes to stouts and even ipa's lol.. if squeak gets to fiddle with one im there. a question i have though is it possible to make this type of technology smaller for a sub? i bet if you tune it down a notch in size you would open up a whole new sq to $ market. kinda wih what jl has under the w6 and 7...not only that it would be usable for hicks like me who own a small pick up lol

I'm just not sure that smaller versions of the LM drivers, at this time, would be economically feasible. In the future this indeed may happen, but right now it would require tooling new parts and would end up being quite a bit more expensive than the majority of 10" and smaller drivers currently on the market. For the most part, people who would pay $350 for a 10" driver would probably be the type of person that would rather find a way to fit an equally declicious, yet larger driver in their application.. thus I'm not sure how good the smaller LM enabled drivers would end up fairing. Of course, if the price point could be matched with the market, we'd have a winner - but expenses are expenses and there ain't much we can do about 'em!

Not to mention, the RL-i line will do a great job at keeping the small driver users consumed with beautiful bass grin.gif

Wish I had some of that Mad Anthony Beer beer.giftongue2.gif

The RL-s series (the new LMT drivers) will likely be rated for 800wrms, with acceptable ranges anywhere between 600-1500 wrms for daily listening.

Not likely... if I had my hands on TC4HP LM proto's, it'd be 'cause I'd be planning on carrying them in the lineup ;)

I really don't need anything that massive for myself... yet! icon4.gif

aha if you like beer we have a good place to go if you ever come by indiana mad anthony beer is sweet just about every beer i can think of has won at least a bronze medal and at munchies they sell that on tap plus bottled goose island and belle's. everything from blondes to stouts and even ipa's lol.. if squeak gets to fiddle with one im there. a question i have though is it possible to make this type of technology smaller for a sub? i bet if you tune it down a notch in size you would open up a whole new sq to $ market. kinda wih what jl has under the w6 and 7...not only that it would be usable for hicks like me who own a small pick up lol

are u up by squeak (brad) and ryan (tirefryr)? if so, we really need to organize a meet (not ca.com..lol..which is usually just talk) somewhere in the middle...get some c-town and st.louis ppl involved...

but then again, these things always sound good on the web...lmao

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

man if I had a 4hp LM in my car, well I am already stressed about it getting stolen :wacko:

I wouldnt, theives dont have a clue what Sound Splinter is

I wouldnt, theives dont have a clue what Sound Splinter is

no I mean the sub included with the car, losing both (and the amps) all at once :unsure:

Buy a moped :P

moped.jpg

:ready2go: