SoundSplinter

Linear Motor Technology - A Reference

that is the worst chop I have ever done, but for 20 seconds worth of effort it gets the point accross

aha if you like beer we have a good place to go if you ever come by indiana mad anthony beer is sweet just about every beer i can think of has won at least a bronze medal and at munchies they sell that on tap plus bottled goose island and belle's. everything from blondes to stouts and even ipa's lol.. if squeak gets to fiddle with one im there. a question i have though is it possible to make this type of technology smaller for a sub? i bet if you tune it down a notch in size you would open up a whole new sq to $ market. kinda wih what jl has under the w6 and 7...not only that it would be usable for hicks like me who own a small pick up lol

are u up by squeak (brad) and ryan (tirefryr)? if so, we really need to organize a meet (not ca.com..lol..which is usually just talk) somewhere in the middle...get some c-town and st.louis ppl involved...

but then again, these things always sound good on the web...lmao

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Just as an FYI: Yes, audiolife is about 1/2 hour from me :fart:

:dancingsmilie:

ok. i dont look at this thread for like two weeks and its 11 pages long.

if my car gets off its feet and stuff starts to happen. id love to test that sucker out...

but i may end up shipping an AV15 to the next person :gift:

shipping would be retarded tho... :ugh2:

damn i need to work on my car. :madsign:

Hey are you guys going to offer this in the rl-i too? I'm a bit worried about the inductance being so high, i'd rather have a lower power handling sub with lower inductance than higher powerhandling and more inductance when talking this much inductance. I would rather have a pair of subs with 2" or 2.5" coils with inductance in the 2.5-3.5mh instead of a single sub with 3" coil and 6.5mh :blink: Since LMT technology is for SQ its kind of going backwards by adding more than 50% inductance :(

I'm really excited about LMT and buying an SS LMT enabled driver so i'm hoping you guys will use a small coil sub with less inductance.

I didn't read but a few pages of this thread so i'm not sure if this has been discussed.

Hey are you guys going to offer this in the rl-i too?  I'm a bit worried about the inductance being so high, i'd rather have a lower power handling sub with lower inductance than higher powerhandling and more inductance when talking this much inductance.  I would rather have a pair of subs with 2" or 2.5" coils with inductance in the 2.5-3.5mh instead of a single sub with 3" coil and 6.5mh  :blink:  Since LMT technology is for SQ its kind of going backwards by adding more than 50% inductance :( 

I'm really excited about LMT and buying an SS LMT enabled driver so i'm hoping you guys will use a small coil sub with less inductance.

I didn't read but a few pages of this thread so i'm not sure if this has been discussed.

the rl-i will not see LMT..teh LMT enabled drivers are going to be called rl-s....

the rl-i's will stay as they are...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

.. and I really wouldn't worry much about the comparatively higher inductance. When using this woofer within its recommended enclosure and input power specifications, the inductance will not cause any discernable decline in quality or frequency response within the woofer's intended range. :ready2go:

Don't judge a book by it's inductance.......or, I mean, don't judge a sub by it's cover.....errr.....um........

When's that proto going to be done?!?! :D

Don't judge a book by it's inductance.......or, I mean, don't judge a sub by it's cover.....errr.....um........

When's that proto going to be done?!?! :D

yeah be we are talking about the actual performance of the sub not frequency response, great frequency response is good, but accuracy and timing are even more important to me. I'm no genius when it comes to sub design but from what i do know that inductance plays an important roll in accuracy of a sub.

Hmm maybe i'll have to pick up 1 of the RL-p's then instead because after hearing 1 last week i am very impressed. I actually liked it better than the Magnum D2 for overall SQ.

The RL-p's are great drivers and you certainly won't go wrong with one. The RL-s LMT enabled drivers will be great too.. but moreso they are designed for the extreme. For most people's practical purposes, the RL-p will be more than enough. But for those who want to push the limits, that's where the RL-s comes into play. There really shouldn't be so much concern placed upon the inductance of the subwoofer. If we're talkin' midranges and such, fine, indeed a high inductance would slaughter 'em -- but as for the Supreme Series, you shouldn't be worrying about the inductance as much as you should be about your ear drums! :D

Hmm maybe i'll have to pick up 1 of the  RL-p's then instead because after hearing 1 last week i am very impressed.  I actually liked it better than the Magnum D2 for overall SQ.

Didn't you just buy an Avalanche? :P

Not that I would mind hearing a comparison between the two...

Hey Mike, how much closer to a peek under the dress are we????

The Supreme Series will debut in 12" and 15" sizes.. there may or may not be an 18" driver following up later on, depending on how well the interest is overall. So far as a sneak peak, just waiting on some of the last parts to come in and we'll get a finalized prototype ready to roll... should be about a week (I hope). There are some prototypes built, but they use leftover stock parts from various other drivers so I'd rather not solicit pictures of 'em.

.. especially since they use cones that say "eclipse" on 'em :ohsnap:

lol...

Mutant moofers....mmm mmm

I want an eclipse RL-s, :lol2:

. especially since they use cones that say "eclipse" on 'em  :ohsnap:

I'll be over with the steel wool and a digi cam in an hour ;)

BTW, any closer to info on box reqs or t/s parameters that we can plug into a proggy?

p.s. I'll say it for you since I know your too nice of a guy to say it

"Damn, pushey a$$, f****kin customers, be patient, damn it".

PATIENCE, young Padawan Learners!  wink2.gif:hyper:  :ph34r:

yeah..cuz i get it first...

or at least i better!!!!!! :starwars::nutkick:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Whats up guys 1st post....... Pop

Anyone know what the mounting depth is going to be on the RL-S 12 version

I dont think Mike has released the Official figures yet, but they are close

welcome to SSA :D