SoundSplinter

Linear Motor Technology - A Reference

Whats up guys 1st post....... Pop

Anyone know what the mounting depth is going to be on the RL-S 12 version

I dont think Mike has released the Official figures yet, but they are close

Just waiting for the specs Beer and keyboard in hand......... Looks like ill be tired and drunk for the next weeks to come.... Everything about this sub so far looks like it will work, Single 2ohm is perfect for my Rockford 1501. Im just pressed for mounting depth.

I was going to get a brahma 12 because my 15 was to big then they raised the price moved to another country to build them and oh yeah they havent produced crap for months....... I can only buy a XXX from a dealer thats 30 minutes away and wont come close to the price that you could buy it direct from RE. Stupid sales policy So I like american made products and this woofer or mabye 2 RP-ls might do the trick

......woofer or mabye 2 RP-ls might do the trick

What ever it is expect it to be alot as we are talking 3 inch's peak to peak as well as a 5 stack magnet. As a ball park I would even be willing to bet on 14 inchs.

Whats up guys 1st post....... Pop

Anyone know what the mounting depth is going to be on the RL-S 12 version

I dont think Mike has released the Official figures yet, but they are close

Just waiting for the specs Beer and keyboard in hand......... Looks like ill be tired and drunk for the next weeks to come.... Everything about this sub so far looks like it will work, Single 2ohm is perfect for my Rockford 1501. Im just pressed for mounting depth.

I was going to get a brahma 12 because my 15 was to big then they raised the price moved to another country to build them and oh yeah they havent produced crap for months....... I can only buy a XXX from a dealer thats 30 minutes away and wont come close to the price that you could buy it direct from RE. Stupid sales policy So I like american made products and this woofer or mabye 2 RP-ls might do the trick

that would be sick, but I am sure a pair of RL-p's would make you happy if you do not want to wait or pay for for an RL-s

whats the lowest you could wire two of these lmt drivers? is there going to be a cheaper price if you buy 2 lmt drivers just like the rl-p's?

There will be discounts for personal orders of 2 or more units, yes.

Final drivers should be nearing completion at the end of this month!

For now, sit tight! :coffee:

Nice.....

looking forward to getting my hands on one of these puppies (for testing purposes)

I didn't read all of this but, two questions....

Will these work in the same enclosure as an RL-p? What I mean is, will they still be a small box driver -- the 15 happy in only 2.75 NET.

Will the output be more than the RL-p w/ a drop in replacement 1000rms per driver?

EDIT - Okay I read it all, and I still have both questions requesting to be answered.

Hey cougarballa. The Supreme series drivers should be comparable to the RL-p's in terms of enclosure constraints. They may require a tad bit of added volume, but it won't be hugely different. At this point however, I am not going to give you specific examples until we have finished evaluating a final prototype. I can say that a drop-in exchange on an RL-p w/ 1000 watts to an RL-s w/ 1000 watts should definitely afford the listener greater output.

As a more general update for the rest of y'all; we had some trouble with the first batch of linear motor coils and have sourced a new supplier in Florida. The new coils should be arriving this week and with any luck a final prototype will be constructed by the week's end and ready for testing. This has obviously pushed back the release date a bit, however I will be doing my best to give these drivers a public debut this month. You can expect more information once a final prototype has been constructed.

Good enough to keep my interest peaked mike :-D, thanks for the bit of info.

I figure I have each RL-p in 2.75 NET right now, and can afford to push the enclosure to 3 NET per driver.

So, I should be able to fit a pair of RL-s 15s :-D :-D.

Hello 150s daily.

Ack! Well crapola, I'm in dire need of some good news to report and it just ain't comin' quite yet.. :Doh:

Coils arrived this week, they turned out not to meet the specifications we need for the new driver (too small!). New coils are on the way. We have workable coils with a DCR of ~4.5ohms on the shelf, so what I'm probably going to do is construct a prototype with the 4.5ohm coil so that we can accelerate the testing process. All other aspects of the driver will be the same, so this prototype should be able to lay down the guidelines for how the final Supreme drivers will function. I'm hoping to have this off-the-shelf prototype by next week at which point I will release the enclosure constraints for this driver as well as the tentative T/S parameters (which should not fluctuate much as a whole between the 4.5 and 2.4 ohm DCR coils; in other words, while individual parameters may vary, modeling will remain fairly consistent).

The spec's on the coil we are going to use on the final driver are as follows:

• 3.4" outside diameter
  • 17 gauge 8 layer flatwound aluminum
  • 2.4 ohm DCR

We're gettin' there.. slowly but SURELY! :ph34r:

stinks that there are so many set backs, but if Mike is not happy then the sub does not hit the market

Just for sake of conversation, how much louder are we talking on the direct swap from an RL-p to an RL-s. Again with the 1000 RMS applied?

Would it be reasonable to expect gains of 3+ dB across the board? Or better suited to expect marginal gains of 1+dB?

This is an impossibly difficult question for me to field. So many factors involved in your ultimate response, coupled with the facts that I don't have a finished version of this driver in hand at the moment nor have I been one to focus on dB levels (much moreso on overall quality), leads me to withold any comment except to say that it will definitely have the potential to get louder! :ph34r:

Oh lordy, finally got coils to spec!

We received a preliminary unit and the rest should be here by next week.

This means production could feasibly start as soon as next week, but I'm not going to make any promises!

Soon.. :hyper:

SWEET!!!!

prototype when?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Still planning on sending around a unit for testing??

I want dibs on the prototype ring, damn if my money was not so limited I would start saving for a RL-s on preorder for my car, but I need to also save for 2 MAGs for my truck,

crap I am never going to be able to buy a house, haha

I want dibs on the prototype ring, damn if my money was not so limited I would start saving for a RL-s on preorder for my car, but I

I want dibs on the prototype ring, damn if my money was not so limited I would start saving for a RL-s on preorder for my car, but I  need to also save for 2 MAGs for my truck,

crap I am never going to be able to buy a house, haha

Stereo > House

You can live in your car. But, you can't make your house recreate music.

[/story]

:lol2: