patdeezy33

do i need to upgrade

alright im going to be ordering a 12 Fi fully loaded..and i plan on running around 1500rms at 1ohm. do you think i need to upgrade my electrical system. i have a ford f150 with a 130 amp alt...what do yall think???

alright im going to be ordering a 12 Fi fully loaded..and i plan on running around 1500rms at 1ohm. do you think i need to upgrade my electrical system. i have a ford f150 with a 130 amp alt...what do yall think???

doubt it... what Fi sub did you get? and where do you plan on putting it?

u should be good.... im running a rockford p1000-1bbd(1382rms@1ohm) in a small kia spectra and i dont have any problems if anything else u might wanna get a bigger battery but thas all

i got the fi bl 12 fully loaded....but i will also be running a 4 channel amp for my infinity comps 5 1/4....will that make any difference

Problably won't need anything, but possibly that bigger battery that he mentioned.

I am doin fine with my SX's and don't dip that much at all with my 2nd battery.

ok so i am kind of new on the whole electrical subject. when yall mean a bigger battery do yall mean get an extra one or replace my battery that i have in my truck with a bigger one...sorry for the stupid question

Yes, a bigger one under the hood...if that doesn't work like you thought then a second (large Capacity) battery should fix all the dipping in voltage. I know for a fact because I have weak voltage but lots of storage capacity in my rig and never see dipping unless full tilt. I am getting a better alternator some time in the future and then I can crank out more voltage and still have good storage.

I say......

Big 3.......... Battery negative, alternator positive to battery positive, and alternator negative.

Bigger Battery......... Possibly Kinetiks, Power Master, Deka....... the big Group 31's

Also ALL 1/0 power wire though out.

Yes the big 3 is easy, just some 1/0 gauge with terminals is all you need. Add on to your existing charging wires, its just a pain to remove them.

I tend to go overboard with mine, I isolated my front battery and it acts as if it was in my trunk when it is really in my wheel well. I have 1/0 from batt (+) to a (+) post in the engine, batt (-) to a different post in the engine, alt (+) to post (+), post (-) to engine, post (-) to frame, engine (-) to frame (-). So in other words I do the "Big 6"

i had a friend do the big three and he said he did noticed anything different and most people say its a waste of time... but i really dont know if its true... but bigger battery in front (yellow top battery is wht i have) and if ur still gettin v drops then add another cell next to the amp...oo wht ever u do say away from caps...

i had a friend do the big three and he said he did noticed anything different and most people say its a waste of time... but i really dont know if its true... but bigger battery in front (yellow top battery is wht i have) and if ur still gettin v drops then add another cell next to the amp...oo wht ever u do say away from caps...

I have a 04' Taurus with the same 130 alt as your truck (they share parts) and im running a FI bl15 fully loaded on a Elemental designs nine.1 @ about 1400wrms also with a eclipse 400wrms 4ch. at idle their is a bit to be desired but 1000rpm and up its 13.8 volts and higher all the time..all I have is a yellow top and 0 guage for the big 3

Yea like in my case, 80A alt. The big 3 won't do much. Hungry amp/sub. But if you have a good alt/batt i can see the benefit.

Time to save up for a yellow top i guess hehe

Yes the big 3 is easy, just some 1/0 gauge with terminals is all you need. Add on to your existing charging wires, its just a pain to remove them.

I tend to go overboard with mine, I isolated my front battery and it acts as if it was in my trunk when it is really in my wheel well. I have 1/0 from batt (+) to a (+) post in the engine, batt (-) to a different post in the engine, alt (+) to post (+), post (-) to engine, post (-) to frame, engine (-) to frame (-). So in other words I do the "Big 6"

Can I see a pic og the Big "6" you have?

Can I see a pic og the Big "6" you have?

I'll try to take a pic when I can, I don't know how well you will be able to see anything. My battery is not in my engine compartment and it is a mess of 1/0 gauge.