Sign in to follow this  
ma_ttcald

New to Soundsplinter

I was over on another forum and someone suggested the rl-i10. Gotta say thats a beefy looking 10". If I were to order 1 what size sealed box would be ideal for the best possible LOUD SOUND QUALITY? I would be giving it a good 500RMS of a Memphis 500D. On a side note how would this sub compare to a basic mainstream 12" sub?

Matt

Acceptable:

0.2 - 0.65 cu ft net volume sealed

0.25 - 0.65 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 25 - 35 Hz

Optimal Home:

0.45 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 25 Hz

Optimal Car:

0.5 cu ft net volume sealed

0.3 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 35 Hz

You're comparing apples to oranges. And you can't just say "compare this!". Doesn't work that way.

Acceptable:

0.2 - 0.65 cu ft net volume sealed

0.25 - 0.65 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 25 - 35 Hz

Optimal Home:

0.45 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 25 Hz

Optimal Car:

0.5 cu ft net volume sealed

0.3 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 35 Hz

You're comparing apples to oranges. And you can't just say "compare this!". Doesn't work that way.

I kinda figured I'd get a response like this. Now with that out of the way, I guess my real question is: Would there be any difference in output running the sub in a .5 cu ft box, vs a .65 cu ft box?

Are you new to modeling woofers though? Because that provides a direct comparison... ;)

Google WinIsd or Unibox.

Also define, "basic". If you're talking about your standard Xplode or some cheap Best buy JBL then this 10 will rock your socks off!

Edited by Matt5112

The SoundSplinter RL-i is a very strong driver. But I sense you are focused on output. As this is an excellent choice for a daily driver sub woofer, it is not meant for window shattering output. If you like the driver, but want a little more output potential, consider porting it to suggested specs. :)