I am in need of a box. I am wanting to best daily SPL I can get period. I am using 2 AW1206T's w/ a PA1800DB amp. This is going into the back end of an 87 GMC Jimmy Full Size so I have lots of room to work with. Let me know the best setups that will be able to perform the loudest(SPL wise).

coudl you give us maximum dimensions?

are u just looking for a design or looking for one built?

i live in southern illinos, so not all that far from ya...

and the tirefryr lives up around south bend..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'll do alil math and get back at ya...

i'll do alil math and get back at ya...

Kent, CRX style box for this one. HAd an 87 myself once. OR you could go with both drivers and vents firing at the hatch. That would work well too, but I had three 15s so it was not feasible for me.

i'll take whatever is gona go boom the loudest. this box is temporary for me till this summer when I plan on either stuffing 4 or 6 of the 1206Ts back behind the seat. I want some boom in my truck

Do you want competition boom, and a decent daily listening tuning too? If so, maybe think of doing port plugs.

I agree on the port plug

^_^

ok, here's the deal...lol..i'm been playing way too much golf to get anything done...sorry..

i agree with ryan, crx style all the way...but i don't really care for port plugs...with slot or aero, they look tacky. i'd suggest a 38-40hz tuning for his twelves...in a suv, that'll get him plenty loud for most competitions, yet still sound reasonably good..and it would be cheaper! lol

anyway, muddin..lemme know which way u'd like to go..and then i'll shoot ya a price

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Port plug ugly...pshh

you just dont wanna do one !

Port plug ugly...pshh

you just dont wanna do one !

:Doh::shutup::shutup::loser:

or i'll :nutkick:

hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'm up for whatever you want to build. as long as it bangs hard and hits the low lows thats all I am wanting.

ok, here's the deal...lol..i'm been playing way too much golf to get anything done...sorry..

i agree with ryan, crx style all the way...but i don't really care for port plugs...with slot or aero, they look tacky. i'd suggest a 38-40hz tuning for his twelves...in a suv, that'll get him plenty loud for most competitions, yet still sound reasonably good..and it would be cheaper! lol

anyway, muddin..lemme know which way u'd like to go..and then i'll shoot ya a price

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

X2

:slayer::slayer:

i'm up for whatever you want to build. as long as it bangs hard and hits the low lows thats all I am wanting.

ygpm...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

or you could do interchangebale ports. just a few bolts, take the daily port out, SPL port in, a few bolts and you are done. this will evenallow you to make 2 SPL ports, one as a trial run, shave it off 1/2 and inch at a time doing bups and record what you get, what ever was the loudest length (the loudest tunning) you can trim your second port to that and you will have an optimal SPL tuning and a good daily tuning... :)

id build it for you but i live in florida...lol

or you could do interchangebale ports. just a few bolts, take the daily port out, SPL port in, a few bolts and you are done. this will evenallow you to make 2 SPL ports, one as a trial run, shave it off 1/2 and inch at a time doing bups and record what you get, what ever was the loudest length (the loudest tunning) you can trim your second port to that and you will have an optimal SPL tuning and a good daily tuning... :)

id build it for you but i live in florida...lol

been suggested...while useful, they look tacky...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i must be missing something. i see port plugs suggested but not an entire port swap. I dont know what you all call port plugs but i call a port plug having 2 sperate ports and you plug which ever one isnt going to be used. I sort of like the looks of what i am talking about. MDF painted black or even what i saw at one car show for a truck, it was made from 1/4" cold rolled steel painted a gloss black and the lip where the bolts where was chrome dimond plate and the heads of the bolts where painted black. it looked very clean and very "rugged" to match the truck which was an extended cab silverado (forget the year, early 90's though) lifted.

i must be missing something. i see port plugs suggested but not an entire port swap. I dont know what you all call port plugs but i call a port plug having 2 sperate ports and you plug which ever one isnt going to be used. I sort of like the looks of what i am talking about. MDF painted black or even what i saw at one car show for a truck, it was made from 1/4" cold rolled steel painted a gloss black and the lip where the bolts where was chrome dimond plate and the heads of the bolts where painted black. it looked very clean and very "rugged" to match the truck which was an extended cab silverado (forget the year, early 90's though) lifted.

yeah, u've got a point..plug vs interchangable...and it can be done to look good, no doubt. but plugs are tacky...changeble, just a lil more work.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: