Incriminator

Warden Series Release - May 1st

maybe this helps this is how I wired them (series/parallel) = 1.34 ohm load

Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel

since the IA 40.1 are Stable at 1 ohm

I think thats the right way ?

You dont have one of them out of phase do you? I would double check your speaker wiring.

Any updates??

I was a little confused about your enclosure and port measurements if you have 2.8"H x 47.9"W that is 134 sqin of port volume 13" long , and your enclosure is 16.67 ft3 is that before or after displacement ?

If you have 16 ft3 after displacement and 134sq in of port volume 13 " long you are tuned to around 25hz not 31hz either way that is tuned way too low for the Wardens for SPL ,you probably have a negative box gain and a very high port velocity

For 16ft3 net volume you need to start at least around 200 sqin of port volume

get a bigger box and tune it to 34hz, if your tuned under 28hz then that will hurt your numbers.

You dont have one of them out of phase do you? I would double check your speaker wiring.

Any updates??

how do I check do I have to remove them or there is another way?

Edited by OMEGA

I was a little confused about your enclosure and port measurements if you have 2.8"H x 47.9"W that is 134 sqin of port volume 13" long , and your enclosure is 16.67 ft3 is that before or after displacement ?

If you have 16 ft3 after displacement and 134sq in of port volume 13 " long you are tuned to around 25hz not 31hz either way that is tuned way too low for the Wardens for SPL ,you probably have a negative box gain and a very high port velocity

I can make the port longer then 13" what do you think I should go for ....? gice me some options to work with.

Thanks

is your blowthrough hole sealed off from the back?

Did you sweep it to see where you peak in cab?

To measure your coils unplug them from the amp and plug a DMM set to ohms into the leads and check to make sure you get the correct reading DCR.

I have a blow-through as well and they are notorious for not hitting big numbers until you tune to the 55~60hz region.

Being loud on the mic and loud on the meter are 2 totalyy different things.

To measure your coils unplug them from the amp and plug a DMM set to ohms into the leads and check to make sure you get the correct reading DCR.

I have a blow-through as well and they are notorious for not hitting big numbers until you tune to the 55~60hz region.

what do you mean by The blowthrough hole sealed off from the back?

Any updates??

how do I check do I have to remove them or there is another way?

pop test the posi/neg with a drill battery...

d2 im assuming....if you have the speakers +++ and --- then youre good to go.

I can make the port longer then 13" what do you think I should go for ....? gice me some options to work with.

Thanks

as far as checking them, you may have to pull them. as far as port, everyone is saying the port opening needs to be bigger, not the lenght. if you have 16 cubic feet you should have at least 200 sq in of port, if not more. If you port is 2.8 x 47.9 it probably needs to be 4.2 x 47.9"

what do you mean by The blowthrough hole sealed off from the back?

The little gaps betwwen the box and around the hole into the cab. Seal that with foam, so you dont get backwards waves going into the bed of the truck.

see the foam?

0325081737.jpg

0325081735.jpg

Man , don't worry about the scores on TL , me too I have 2x15 Dragster subs , in the daily enclosure tuned 32 hz I hit 143-144 and with two spl enclosures I hit 154@47hz on a 9.3kw amp, but only 3.5 kw real power due to impedance rising and voltage drop. So if you want scores, build a SPL enclosure. Good luck !!!

Edited by raidaru

Ok update

I found out what the problam was. It was not wireing, that was good it was the port. seems it was ported 25-26Hz.... So here is what I have done. Made it 2 Ports. 2x 2.87L X 47.9W X 24L that made it port to about 35 hz with about 274 in of Port. Sealed it off from the back ,so all the air shoots in the cabin.

The outcome

SOOO much louder with just 2 woofers working , and Air is shooting so much in the cabin..... I had to send one of them back for repiers so I put in one of the dead DP's and my god it sounds louder then when I had 3 DP in the old box. it sounds louder then when I had 3 wadens in the old box.... and thats only runing 2 ! this is crazy thats all I am going to say I will Post pics and videos when I get my warden back. should get it back in 10 days I hope.

OMEGA

Ok update

I found out what the problam was. It was not wireing, that was good it was the port. seems it was ported 25-26Hz.... So here is what I have done. Made it 2 Ports. 2x 2.87L X 47.9W X 24L that made it port to about 35 hz with about 274 in of Port. Sealed it off from the back ,so all the air shoots in the cabin.

The outcome

SOOO much louder with just 2 woofers working , and Air is shooting so much in the cabin..... I had to send one of them back for repiers so I put in one of the dead DP's and my god it sounds louder then when I had 3 DP in the old box. it sounds louder then when I had 3 wadens in the old box.... and thats only runing 2 ! this is crazy thats all I am going to say I will Post pics and videos when I get my warden back. should get it back in 10 days I hope.

OMEGA

If the box was tuned 25-26 , no wonder one warden is tired :ehh: , 32 Hz it's a good solution for daily music

..... I had to send one of them back for repiers ....

whats wrong with it .... :ehh:

Just thinkin that's a little too low for some SPL drivers :ehh:

i i'm sure that you forget to set the subsonic somewhere in the 30 hz area....if the subsonic was near 15hz set than you reached the mechanical limits of the driver.i'm sure the wardens reach 25hz easy...but controlled...too much power under the freqvency tuning of the box and "bye bye warden(or altmost any other driver)"

i i'm sure that you forget to set the subsonic somewhere in the 30 hz area....if the subsonic was near 15hz set than you reached the mechanical limits of the driver.i'm sure the wardens reach 25hz easy...but controlled...too much power under the freqvency tuning of the box and "bye bye warden(or altmost any other driver)"

Ture that was one of the problams that was fixed.

according to most people, CD content very seldom has sub 30Hz information, be it intended or not. If it's not there to begin with, the SSF setting won't matter much.

how does the Warden bottom, soft or hard? If he tore a tinsel lead then sure... but if the coil smacks the top plate, I'd have to think he knew. WHACK!

Just thinkin that's a little too low for some SPL drivers :ehh:

my guess, smoked coil having one wired out of phase with itself

it happens.,......ive done it.