JVC units arent really that bad, a lot people assume its cheap, and I would agree the lower ends are, but the ones like this with 5V preouts, 24 bit dac, cant go wrong. I went from a Pioneer 780MP to a JVC KD-AR8500 and do not regret it one bit. My JVC has a 3 way active crossover, so I plan on running active, and got it for $200 on sonicelectronix. Its discontinued now so its a rare find, but this one you should not have any problems.

only thing i like is the 5v pre out, so i can set the gain a little higher, but i sell jvc and i really dont care for the product but then again we only carry the cheaper ones and there 4 inch single din monitor dvd palyer. mixed feelings

the point of higher pre-out voltage is so you get a stronger signal with less distortion, and theoretically you would need to turn the gain up less to achieve the full power of the amp

im also a jvc dealer and in all honesty its not the greatest sounding radio but the best radio ive seen for $260 or under for all the features.