Sign in to follow this  
atsaubrey

Sundown Sq build

Just a taste. Building this truck to compete in IASCA SQC.

Gear list:

Eclipse CD7200MKII

Sundown 100.4

Sundown 125.2

Sundown 1000D

Hybrid Audio Clarus comps.

2- 12" Alumapro Alchemy

Processing is still undecided but leaning towards a Zapco DSP6 or Audison BitOne.

Next upgrades will be to a Batcap 2000 under the hood and a Batcap Power Pack somewhere near the amps.

2004 Chevy extended cab.

Joshtruck070.jpg

I am getting ready to run a couple 100.4d's on some hybrid legatia 4's and 1's. Had the legatia's before and loved them, can't wait to hear them doubled up with sundown power!

Those amps look like they were supposed to be there! That was the exact amp setup I was looking at for my Silverado, but I already had some PPI's so I figured I'd use them instead to save $$. Anyway, I'm very interested in this setup- sounds like it'll be a winner!

Did you do any sound deadening?

Do you have pics of the 100.4 next to the 1000D?

I have the 100.4 and have a 1000D on the way...... and plan for 3 more..... I want to see how they compare to each other.

Nice build man!!!! I wouldn't mind hearing it :)

Truck is heavily deadened. Roof, back wall, doors, rear doors are they only thing not smothered in Second Skin.....I'll hit those when I get the Hybrids in on thursday. This customer just went back to Iraq and should be pretty happy when he gets back in August. :fing34:

keep up the good work and keep us posted with more pics :)

very interesting !

Edited by katsooba

Great choice in amps!

Looking forward to the progress on this build!

Horns were considered but with the right side underdash the blower motor is in the way. It would be possible to fit a set of mini horns in there but this client didnt care to do that mods to make them work. He chose the Hybrid comps because of the winning streak they have had lately although I pushed for a set of ID XS65 drivers. :-(

No love for ID? :(

Ohh well, can't go wrong with Hybrid - GOOD CHOICE!!!!!

Kelvin

Tons of love for ID! I tried but his heart was in Hybrid. He is gone to Iraq for tour #4 until August so I got plenty of time to get this beast dialed in.

Edited by atsaubrey

Wow looks sexy!

question what is a batcap power pack? this: http://www.infiniteelectronix.com/index.as...amp;ProdID=4079

and also can you use the power pack in conjunction with another batcap battery? or would that be pointless... I realize there is a small battery and a cap in it which is a cool idea!

and why did you choose to go batcap and not kinetik or odyssey

Sign in to follow this