im lookin for a headunit for my buddy. all he needs is 1 set of RCA's, and just the basic headunit with CD/MP3 playback. he doesnt wanna spend more then $250. thanks guys!

Was just pokein round online ran into this, but it is a pioneer so becareful of the cheap perouts, they have a micro fuse that tends to go and then you get a hiss. I dont know if the Premeer comes with better ones or not I know my prs880 has good 5v pre outs not sure of this model tho. this problem can be fixed if you ground the sheilding of the RCA in the even it happens

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17693_...DEH-P510UB.html

You should try CrutchField Just put in the vehicle you have and they'll give the you wiring harness and plastic case to go around the radio for free.

Here is an alpine from there.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDE102/Alp...l=N&tp=5684

If you want to see more click on Car audio and video and then click stereos and it'll ask you about the vehicle.

You should try CrutchField Just put in the vehicle you have and they'll give the you wiring harness and plastic case to go around the radio for free.

Here is an alpine from there.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDE102/Alp...l=N&tp=5684

If you want to see more click on Car audio and video and then click stereos and it'll ask you about the vehicle.

Crutchfield is nice its just WAY over priced. i got a nice pioneer hu from ebay for 95. Online car stereo usually has some good cheap premeirs

You can definitley get it cheaper off ebay. Some people might just like the added convenience of something getting it all together for them.

Also alot of pioneers seem to have a problem with the grounding of the RCA outputs. I haver a Pioneer and could hear the engine noise through subs. Its a very easy fix though.

Edited by tech2332

for 250 you can find more a pretty decent hu, if your looking for a basic one dont pay more then 100....

for 250 you can find more a pretty decent hu, if your looking for a basic one dont pay more then 100....

i agree at my work(bestbuy installer) we have basic units for 100 buck plus you get a warranty and a place to take it to if any problems. look at the kenwood 242, pioneer 1100 or the sony 130. i would go with the kenwood or pioneer.

yeah i like how on crutchfield you can get the install stuff free, but i guess if you find what you want on a ebay for cheap, you can get the stuff with the money you saved. i told him stick to something like Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood. thanks for the info!!

on the wattage of what the headunits put out, what is the the purpose of peak? RMS is what it will do continually correct?

sony gt 330 or jvc r300 are two great head units for under 140 bucks brand new. both have mp3/wma format and front aux